Been searching and can't find any disassembly, drop or bend tests anywhere. Am I just not seeing them or is there not any yet?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-21-2016 08:49 PM
    Being that it's been released to the media for review purposes and many reviewers (possibly all? I'm not sure) have been required to send their samples back, I wouldn't expect any just yet. In the last 3 phones I have owned (all bought on release day or pre-ordered) the crash tests have come out within days of actual release.

My M8 is a dang tank and has really been abused in the last 2+ years w/ no case. I really can't believe how well it's held up. I even had to reach around in a muddy pond to fish it out. One X took a lot of drops and splashes too. So, I'm not too worried when it comes to HTC.
    04-21-2016 08:59 PM
    The HTC 10 must be some nice quality build. Must feel so good in the hand and must be so good who would want to take it apart, bend it, drop it or throw it. That's why there's no bend or drop tests, because their would have been by now if it was any other phone.
    04-22-2016 03:42 AM
    HTC has unbelievably long lasting, great quality phones. They are the Toyota's of phones. Almost never dies.
    jens Van Keer likes this.
    04-23-2016 11:45 AM
    Being that it's been released to the media for review purposes and many reviewers (possibly all? I'm not sure) have been required to send their samples back, I wouldn't expect any just yet. In the last 3 phones I have owned (all bought on release day or pre-ordered) the crash tests have come out within days of actual release.

My M8 is a dang tank and has really been abused in the last 2+ years w/ no case. I really can't believe how well it's held up. I even had to reach around in a muddy pond to fish it out. One X took a lot of drops and splashes too. So, I'm not too worried when it comes to HTC.
    A muddy pond?? Did the M8 have better waterproofing than the 10 does?
    04-27-2016 11:33 PM
    HTC has unbelievably long lasting, great quality phones. They are the Toyota's of phones. Almost never dies.
    That's a huge turn off. Ugh Toyota

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    04-27-2016 11:53 PM
    A muddy pond?? Did the M8 have better waterproofing than the 10 does?
    Only slightly better, according to spec. I'm not too worried in general. If you drop your phone in water, just shut down immediately and dry it (there's several ways to do this). The danger is not the components getting wet, but the components getting wet while power is running through them, causing electricity to travel places where it isn't supposed to. I think the 10's large speaker vents will probably be the vulnerable points so I'll be putting a small piece of tape over those if I plan to be doing any aquatic activities.
    That said, with the Uh-Oh protection, you can basically go worry-free for the first year (or until first replacement).
    04-28-2016 12:12 AM
    Just seen this drop test, but the guy dropped it on it's face before sides and back!

04-28-2016 11:04 PM
    Just seen this drop test, but the guy dropped it on it's face before sides and back!
    Lol, this guy's test is a series of failures. I'm glad to see that the housing seems to handle side test brilliantly, even better than the M8. Screen cracks don't worry me as that is covered w/ Uh Oh and I've never broken a screen anyway. Side drops are my common one.
    04-28-2016 11:45 PM

That was painful but had to be done.
    04-29-2016 12:34 AM