05-09-2016 08:28 PM
157 123 ...
tools
    I just call my local Verizon store and the rep said they can't confirm that they will have the 10 in Store on Friday but they told me to stop by. Anyone here plan to head to your local Verizon store on Friday? Tell us what you think if you see the 10..
    nokia4life and twistedsixty4 like this.
    04-25-2016 03:22 PM
    Yes, I will be doing a hands on Friday to see what it feels like personally.
    nokia4life likes this.
    04-25-2016 03:23 PM
    Yes, I will be doing a hands on Friday to see what it feels like personally.
    please post here as soon as you get some time Friday if you go there we are all interested in the non media type review. heres to hoping you do not come back with pink screens, and other pre release issues. :-)
    04-25-2016 03:54 PM
    As much as I want to, and planned to, I hate phone stores (esp the Verizon store near me where they assign a rep to hang out w/ you while you shop) and am going to try to hold out until mine ships. Knowing me, I'll probably give in and go anyway.
    Kavu2, coronaboy10 and sacerdos like this.
    04-25-2016 08:06 PM
    It's like walking into a used car lot. Just get away from me -- when I'm ready to buy it, I'll buy it. Sometimes I feel like asking if they have any questions for me about the phone, because I now know more about it (HTC 10 / GSG7) than any carrier rep ever could.
    Kavu2, MCC1987, DizWhiz and 3 others like this.
    04-25-2016 08:45 PM
    It's like walking into a used car lot. Just get away from me -- when I'm ready to buy it, I'll buy it. Sometimes I feel like asking if they have any questions for me about the phone, because I now know more about it (HTC 10 / GSG7) than any carrier rep ever could.
    IKR!! I can't think of a single time in which I was shopping for a phone and didn't have to correct something the salesman said. I'm not even a phone geek either, just every 2 years I do some research about the current flagships and make a pick.

It's worse when looking at a musical instrument shop though. I have to just nod my head, play dumb, and say, "Oh, ok".
    04-25-2016 08:54 PM
    I usually find some technical piece of information or two before hand and bring it up for conversation. Typically that means "don't talk to this guy he is uber dork" and they usually politely walk away. I also tell them if they press hard that unless they plan on giving it to me for free I am not buying today.

It takes me a good 20 minutes or so just to basically get comfy playing with a phone. If you are being hawked over its even worse.

And no matter what my next phone is; its going to be better than the 3+ year old one in my pocket. LOL. However I wasn't impressed enough with another phone to just jump earlier this year...so I am worried a little.

Oh, and I am WAY worse with my cars being a petrol head. I usually know so much more when I hit the lot that its very hard not to get frustrated with the misinformation. When I am in that position I really have to wonder what is said to people that are NOT informed. Kinida makes me angry a bit...but I digress.

Cliffs: Going to look at phone on Friday. Hope to leave with smile on my face. Hope to hear its going to have a red aluminum body.
    04-26-2016 05:27 AM
    Such is the way of a Commissioned Sales Rep lol

im down to go check it out ... but next week lol
    04-27-2016 04:17 PM
    Only Friday or starting Friday?
    04-27-2016 07:29 PM
    Only Friday or starting Friday?
    Starting Friday I think. Not only Friday.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 08:03 PM
    It's tomorrow! Hope they really do have them!

04-28-2016 06:21 PM
    I have a corp store two or three miles away. Hitting them up at lunch. Hoping for great news and experience (without to much sales associate interference). :-)
    04-29-2016 06:37 AM
    Anyone else having problem with pre-ordering on Verizon? We were supposed to be able to pre-order last night at midnight, but apparently VZW is having problem with that process.
    04-29-2016 06:54 AM
    Verizon shows 648 outright buy; 548 if you put it on a payment plan. Button to "buy" shows "Coming Soon".

If I can buy outright through HTC and get the 100 off too (I hate payment plans)...would kinda be the best of both worlds!
    04-29-2016 06:59 AM
    As much as I want to see the phone in person, it's still not incentive enough to walk into a Verizon store.
    04-29-2016 08:29 AM
    Just stopped at Verizon store. The phone is impressive, but the screen isn't that bright. At 50% brightness it's nowhere near as bright as my S7 set at 50%. I like the build quality but I think I will end up keeping my S7.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    04-29-2016 09:20 AM
    Just stopped at Verizon store. The phone is impressive, but the screen isn't that bright. At 50% brightness it's nowhere near as bright as my S7 set at 50%. I like the build quality but I think I will end up keeping my S7.

So, the brightness is the only thing that is keeping you on the S7 or are there other things?
    04-29-2016 09:26 AM

Going into a store soon and THAT is exactly what I was afraid of.
    04-29-2016 09:30 AM
    Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.
    04-29-2016 09:34 AM
    Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.
    Maybe it's one of those things people use to feel good about what they own. It's been years since I owned a smartphone that was not bright enough. Personally, I did not like the screen on the S7 when I tried it out. Had to do with the color tone being unpleasant. But, everyone should go with what they prefer.
    thejesse likes this.
    04-29-2016 09:50 AM
    Maybe it's one of those things people use to feel good about what they own. It's been years since I owned a smartphone that was not bright enough. Personally, I did not like the screen on the S7 when I tried it out. Had to do with the color tone being unpleasant. But, everyone should go with what they prefer.
    I hate oversaturated colors, but the Note 5 screen I have is amazing. Put on Basic screen mode. That mode and current gen Samsung panels have been tested to be the world's most accurate displays.
    04-29-2016 09:55 AM
    I'm currently using an iPhone 6s Plus - and impatiently waiting on my HTC 10 to ship from HTC. My iPhone obviously has an LCD screen and is only 1080p. My wife has an S6 Edge Plus, which is obviously an AMOLED panel and higher resolution. Putting them side by side makes my iPhone look pathetic. But in day to day use when I'm not comparing the two, it's absolutely no issue. I have not a single worry about the LCD panel in the 10. Sure some might say it isn't as nice as Samsung. And it may not be. But if you aren't comparing the two next to each other, I'm sure it'll be just fine for the vast majority of users.
    Bearcats98 likes this.
    04-29-2016 09:57 AM
    I hate oversaturated colors, but the Note 5 screen I have is amazing. Put on Basic screen mode. That mode and current gen Samsung panels have been tested to be the world's most accurate displays.
    That may be but accurate has nothing to do with what pleases my eye though and the S7/S7 edge just really put me off in that area (plus touch wiz). I don't even set my TVs to be perfectly accurate as it's unpleasant for regular viewing.
    04-29-2016 10:06 AM
    verizon varient now avalible on htc.com
    MazoMark likes this.
    04-29-2016 10:06 AM
    So, the brightness is the only thing that is keeping you on the S7 or are there other things?
    Samsung Pay and also the camera.

jboogie1289 likes this.
    04-29-2016 10:07 AM
157 123 ...