HTC 10 from Galaxy S7

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy s7 and will probably wait a few weeks once everyone has them and see what the vibe is like, and if good, I'll sell the s7 and grab one.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no complaints with my edge so I won't do any swapping, but if real life use turns out as well as early reviews I'll see what HTC offers next year before upgrading again.

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You people sure must buy a lot of stuff to make that the reason for keeping a particular phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You people sure must buy a lot of stuff to make that the reason for keeping a particular phone.

Not sure which particular reason you were referring to but when I get a phone, I usually keep it for 2 years (because I hate transferring and getting used to a new phone). If I'm spending several hours every day browsing and such, I'm going to make sure it's the best possible phone I can get. If I ended up with one I wasn't thrilled with, no way am I suffering with it for 2 years. It would have to go asap.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
My reasons. Coming from ios. I want
User experience. No doubt s7 is great phone but there's some features I don't use.

- Samsung App/ features (bloatware). Way too many. I don't have time to check every apps lol.

- I'm having hard time dealing with screen protector peeling off while using a case, S7Edge. Who one like to rub the edge for adhesive to stick or peel.

- not big fan of edge panel. Hard time not letting my hand to touch the side while using one hand. ( that's what she said)

I can go on....again S7E is great device. High end Spec, great display/camera. It's just not for me

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think one of the plus points is having not to worry about the built of the phone as it ages. I currently own the S6 edge. And I've used it for a long time. It looks perfect. Except the home button which looks messed up.

The note 5 and the S6 edge plus had the same problem. Apparently this has been an issue for the newer models again.

Apart from the home buttons. The S6 and S7 look beautiful but soooooo delicate that it's almost necessary to put a case on it to get a good experience out of it. Of course not everybody does.

I have used the HTC one M8. And I can say, that owning a device that's built like a tank makes me feel not worried about it getting scratched up or breaking.

I was fine with the built quality of Samsung and it's compromises till the 10 came along. Samsung phones are beautiful. But having sturdy construction with beauty is a plus.

For me that's the major thing I'm looking forward to when thinking about buying the HTC. It's going to age better than Samsung. I think.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I think one of the plus points is having not to worry about the built of the phone as it ages. I currently own the S6 edge. And I've used it for a long time. It looks perfect. Except the home button which looks messed up.

The note 5 and the S6 edge plus had the same problem. Apparently this has been an issue for the newer models again.

Apart from the home buttons. The S6 and S7 look beautiful but soooooo delicate that it's almost necessary to put a case on it to get a good experience out of it. Of course not everybody does.

I have used the HTC one M8. And I can say, that owning a device that's built like a tank makes me feel not worried about it getting scratched up or breaking.

I was fine with the built quality of Samsung and it's compromises till the 10 came along. Samsung phones are beautiful. But having sturdy construction with beauty is a plus.

For me that's the major thing I'm looking forward to when thinking about buying the HTC. It's going to age better than Samsung. I think.

The m8 is definitely not built like a tank. I dropped it once from waist height and there was a big dent in the metal body. The aluminum used isn't the toughest out there. Jerry rig snaps the m9 into half. Hopefully the 10 is more durable.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The m8 is definitely not built like a tank. I dropped it once from waist height and there was a big dent in the metal body. The aluminum used isn't the toughest out there. Jerry rig snaps the m9 into half. Hopefully the 10 is more durable.

Had it been a Samsung phone...

We're comparing here.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with an S7 thinking of getting the 10?
Nah. Now, don't get me wrong I think that the HTC 10 is a marvellous phone and had HTC released it at the same time as Samsung released the Galaxy S7, I probably would have gone for it instead. However, I'm very happy currently with my S7 and the HTC 10 is not offering enough notable improvements over the S7 to justify me trading in my S7 and spending the ~£300 necessary to switch to an unlocked HTC 10.

There'd also be some compromises I'd need to make (Snapdragon 820 instead of Exynos 8890, lack of infinite contrast that AMOLED display provides, lack of Dual Pixel autofocus tech, lack of 1080p/60fps & 720p/240fps video options, lack of a hardware quick launch for the camera, lack of IP68 rating, lack of wireless charging, eMMC 5.1 vs UFS 2.0 storage). While the HTC 10 has an equal number of pros compared to the S7, neither can claim to be objectively better in all categories that matter to me.

Again, it's not worth the money for me. I'd rather wait and see what the 2016 Nexus phones will offer and possibly upgrade then.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought a s7

Didn't like it and gave it to the gf

Went back to my priv.

But I'm interested in the 10 as i always thought htc made beautiful time pieces.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought a s7

Didn't like it and gave it to the gf

Went back to my priv.

But I'm interested in the 10 as i always thought htc made beautiful time pieces.

I was a big Blackberry fan/user for many yrs, right up to the Z30. The Priv was terribly tempting for me but I had already migrated to HTC. I have opted for the 10 but something about the Priv still calls out to me, lol. I did like how gesture-based the M9 was/is and now it looks as if I will need to get used to a home button.

Posted from my HTC One M9

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I was a big Blackberry fan/user for many yrs, right up to the Z30. The Priv was terribly tempting for me but I had already migrated to HTC. I have opted for the 10 but something about the Priv still calls out to me, lol. I did like how gesture-based the M9 was/is and now it looks as if I will need to get used to a home button.

Posted from my HTC One M9

Priv rocks just needs better heat reduction and more power for gaming and cpu.

That my only complaint.

Looks beautiful and unique classy.

I'll get my htc 10 in black.