Post pictures taken with your HTC 10 here!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got a couple action shots. Wanted to capture some real-world scenarios for you guys. Expected this to be a failure since smartphones don't do action shots but am still shocked at how well it did. First is my little greyhound doing his best velociraptor impression (actually, he's jumping up on his hind legs). He looks frozen but was in motion the whole time. Taken in the shade to purposely put the phone at a disadvantage (because less light = worse movement capture) but it still managed it brilliantly.
View attachment 226910
In the second, I tested how it handles pics when I'm the one moving. This turtle jumps back in her shell as soon as she sees someone so I literally just reached over and clicked. Even though this was in heavy shadow and I gave it almost no time to focus, it did pretty dang well with all the textures going on.
View attachment 226911

Both of those pics turned out great! I especially like the greyhound picture. I've been taking nothing but selfies so far. Nothing really picture worthy yet.

Posted via the HTC 10

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that have posted pics, how are you feeling about the new lack of ability to touch the screen to make it focus on certain parts a little better.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got a couple action shots. Wanted to capture some real-world scenarios for you guys. Expected this to be a failure since smartphones don't do action shots but am still shocked at how well it did. First is my little greyhound doing his best velociraptor impression (actually, he's jumping up on his hind legs). He looks frozen but was in motion the whole time. Taken in the shade to purposely put the phone at a disadvantage (because less light = worse movement capture) but it still managed it brilliantly.
View attachment 226910
In the second, I tested how it handles pics when I'm the one moving. This turtle jumps back in her shell as soon as she sees someone so I literally just reached over and clicked. Even though this was in heavy shadow and I gave it almost no time to focus, it did pretty dang well with all the textures going on.
View attachment 226911

The greyhound shot is fantastic. Very well caught.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that have posted pics, how are you feeling about the new lack of ability to touch the screen to make it focus on certain parts a little better.

The thing that Idon't like is touching the screen to get a better exposure. The camera just seems to take what it thinks is the best exposure based on the entire photo area. Touching does make the camera focus.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
That's incorrect. It does feature tap-to-focus. The exposure is more of a "swipe to adjust" though. I like this but many people are not used to it and the reviewers doing comparisons don't bother to use it so HTC is once again getting punished for giving the user more options. They should have made it optional for those who are better off with auto-exposure.
The greyhound shot is fantastic. Very well caught.
Thanks! Poorly framed because I thought I was going to catch him at the top of the jump but still better than I thought a phone was capable of. I can't replicate that kind of capture in low-light but that's to be expected.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
In low light, I just put the exposure down (which is super easy you just drag your finger down) and the pics are coming out great. ill post some later

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
@JimBen73 were these taken after the update that came out today? either way these look great thanks for posting such awesome photos.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800