New HTC 10 Having Problems with Laser Autofocus

A

AC Question

So I got my new HTC 10 in the mail today. Was all excited and started testing the camera and...... it can't focus on any objects more than 20 feet away!!!

Is anyone having this problem?! I think the laser focus is broken on my phone. I'd point it at an object farther than 20 feet away, and it'd try to focus but then sits on the worse focus position it can possibly get, making the image extremely fuzzy.

I tried covering the laser sensor with my finger, and slowly it'd get into proper focus, but as soon as I remove my finger from the laser sensor, it'd go on a fritz for a few seconds before giving up and sit on the lost focus. Also, if I tap on the screen to force it to focus on a particular distant object, it'd focus, but as soon as I move the phone away from that specific spot and the circle on the screen showing where you tapped for manual focus disappears, it'd completely lose focus again!

Do I have a lemon, or is this a common issue with this phone with the early release version (1.21.617.3)??

Lord_belial78

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I got my HTC today and I discovered that I have excactly the same issue.I have downloaded latest system update but the problem remains.Im not very impressed with this

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. It won't auto-focus and does exactly what yours does with far away objects. Downloaded the latest update that happened today.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it helps a bit but it shouldn't be this sensitive. If the LG G5 doesn't have any issues this shouldn't either.
40f05053d8180db8dff843aa1d715ac5.jpg

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-10-update-brings-camera-tuning-and-better-wi-fi-02438455/

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried to trick it to see if I could replicate the problem but no issue here. First photo focused on the ivy, 2nd is focused on the palm trees, about 100ft away.
IMAG0050[1].jpgIMAG0051[1].jpg

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried to trick it to see if I could replicate the problem but no issue here. First photo focused on the ivy, 2nd is focused on the palm trees, about 100ft away.
View attachment 226908View attachment 226909

Did you let the autofocus handle it or did you manually focus? Manual focus works fine for me, autofocus on far-away objects doesn't, it just makes the entire picture blurry while it tries to focus but fails.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine, first thing I did after buying the phone was testing the camera.

brought to you by the power of 10

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you let the autofocus handle it or did you manually focus? Manual focus works fine for me, autofocus on far-away objects doesn't, it just makes the entire picture blurry while it tries to focus but fails.
Autofocus, and I just tapped to focus. I was even able to tap and focus on the trees in the far background but it made almost everything else look out of focus (save for the far background) so I didn't bother to post it.
I haven't tried the manual focus yet.

Lord_belial78

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I have 1.30 installed and I still experience camera autofocus problems and poor photo quality in dimly lit places.I also have Galaxy s6 and can say that its camera is MUCH MORE consistent and much better overall

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance