Looks like the HTC 10 is pretty durable

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know bend tests and such aren't big with the AC community, but they do make for an interesting watch.

I assume you guys know YouTuber JerryRigEverything, you know, the guy who bent the Nexus 6P and the one who exposed the primer on the LG G5?

Well, if you watched his earlier videos, you would know that the M9 failed his test due to it bending catastrophically. The HTC 10, on the other hand, fared much, MUCH better.

https://youtu.be/cQ62ixgzhrI

Here's some things I got from the video (PLEASE read AFTER you watched it)
- The glass is as strong as other phones with GG4. No real surprise
- Because it's metal, keys do scratch it, but interestingly, the scratch marks can be rubbed off to the point where it's almost gone. Interesting.
- The pixels didn't turn white after being exposed to extreme heat, only turning black after 9 seconds, then fully recovering later.
- The camera lens didn't scratch, nor did it crack like the M9.
- The phone only flexed a tiny bit when bent. So tiny to the point where it's a little hard to notice. As such, it didn't snap.

Pretty impressive, actually. I usually am not big on tests like this, preferring to watch them only for curiosity, but it's still rather impressive.

(I live by 3 words. fastboot flashing unlock)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know bend tests and such aren't big with the AC community, but they do make for an interesting watch.

I assume you guys know YouTuber JerryRigEverything, you know, the guy who bent the Nexus 6P and the one who exposed the primer on the LG G5?

Well, if you watched his earlier videos, you would know that the M9 failed his test due to it bending catastrophically. The HTC 10, on the other hand, fared much, MUCH better.

https://youtu.be/cQ62ixgzhrI

Here's some things I got from the video (PLEASE read AFTER you watched it)
- The glass is as strong as other phones with GG4. No real surprise
- Because it's metal, keys do scratch it, but interestingly, the scratch marks can be rubbed off to the point where it's almost gone. Interesting.
- The pixels didn't turn white after being exposed to extreme heat, only turning black after 9 seconds, then fully recovering later.
- The camera lens didn't scratch, nor did it crack like the M9.
- The phone only flexed a tiny bit when bent. So tiny to the point where it's a little hard to notice. As such, it didn't snap.

Pretty impressive, actually. I usually am not big on tests like this, preferring to watch them only for curiosity, but it's still rather impressive.

(I live by 3 words. fastboot flashing unlock)

I agree with your opening sentence. I could care less about bend tests.

Posted via the Android Central App

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
HTC 10 is actually GG3, not GG4, more resistant to scratch but less resistant to shatter. For me I prefer GG3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae