Keeping my second HTC 10 - superior 2016 phone to the S7Edge for sure

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Just so you know, there is high degree of variance among these initial units.

My preorder device had:

- Non functioning auto focus module
- A display with a piece of dust under it, and a much yellower neutral white point
- Clacky power button
- SoC Ran a bit hotter than S7Edge

Exchanged for a flawless new device:

Display looks MUCH improved in white, still has poorer viewing angles but I"ll live with it. It's PLENTY bright for normal use. Don't recommend watching a dark scary movie outside on sunny day obviously.

Buttons don't make weird noises

Camera works well in focus (first unit was way off) speed. Still struggles more than the S7E in many cases but it's on par with the iPhone 6S.

/Keeping my HTC 10 and selling my S7 Edge (once the BOGO gift card comes in, both will be sold)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just so you know, there is high degree of variance among these initial units.

My preorder device had:

- Non functioning auto focus module
- A display with a piece of dust under it, and a much yellower neutral white point
- Clacky power button
- SoC Ran a bit hotter than S7Edge

Exchanged for a flawless new device:

Display looks MUCH improved in white, still has poorer viewing angles but I"ll live with it. It's PLENTY bright for normal use. Don't recommend watching a dark scary movie outside on sunny day obviously.

Buttons don't make weird noises

Camera works well in focus (first unit was way off) speed. Still struggles more than the S7E in many cases but it's on par with the iPhone 6S.

/Keeping my HTC 10 and selling my S7 Edge (once the BOGO gift card comes in, both will be sold)

Dont you have to add a line for the bogo?

Posted via the Android Central App

mas90guru

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone buying a new device on payments / BYOD should double check the $15/mo fee. I read somewhere that Verizon did away with the $25 credit (which reduces the $40 monthly charge to $15) and instead the only way to reduce the monthly fee on BYOD is via the new Verizon Plans which charge $20 per BYOD device.

Note: The $25 credit is reportedly still allowed for existing users, but no longer offered to new BYOD/financed devices on older plans.