System UI Tuner access blocked?

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems that HTC has blocked our ability to customize the Quick Settings window. The Marshmallow OS allows it by opening the notification shade all the way down and holding the gear icon to add System UI Tuner to Settings, but nothing happens when I try it. So annoyed by this. There are things in there I definitely don't want or need. I'm hoping for either an update to allow us access, or a workaround to customize what's displayed. Anyone know of anything?

Last edited:

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's an HTC thing... I was Googling about it this week, and it appears Samsung has blocked it as well. I have no idea why!

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Meh, I'll be upset when it's not included on N when they give us night mode... Though I wish I could turn off the NFC icon on the notification bar...

Posted via the Android Central App

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Meh, I'll be upset when it's not included on N when they give us night mode... Though I wish I could turn off the NFC icon on the notification bar...

Posted via the Android Central App
That's one of the reasons I wanted access. I think that's something you can change once you get access to this menu. I don't know if it's marshmallow or what, but I didn't have that NFC icon on my previous phone, which hadn't yet been upgraded to Marshmallow. Wait and see, I guess

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here on a Moto G4 Plus with Android 6.0.1. No access to System UI Tuner.
Welcome to the forums. Moto devices usually can access the UI tuner. Do you have the Developer Options enabled? If so, make sure that the three different animation scales are set to 1x or 0.5x. After this, open the quick settings shade and long press on the cog icon for 5-10 seconds.

Hasmujo

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
It seems that HTC has blocked our ability to customize the Quick Settings window. The Marshmallow OS allows it by opening the notification shade all the way down and holding the gear icon to add System UI Tuner to Settings, but nothing happens when I try it. So annoyed by this. There are things in there I definitely don't want or need. I'm hoping for either an update to allow us access, or a workaround to customize what's displayed. Anyone know of anything?

youtu.be/-O5t6j29tjc
Here is how to access system ui tuner on HTC devices

deechte

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The steps from the youtube film with Nova Launcher have worked great on my unrooted HTC 10 with 7.0 Nougat. I'm finally able to manage notification priorities with this. However, only by long tapping on the notifications themselves. If I go Android settings > Sound & Notifications > Notifications > Click on any app, the settings menu force closes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital