WiFi issues

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The update didn't seen to do much to fix WiFI. The range is pretty bad. My A9 holds a much stronger signal at farther distances. Yet another issue. I really wanted this to be the phone, but there are just too many compromises

Posted via the Android Central App

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It uses the same chip as the G5 and has the same wifi issues. Take a look at some of the G5 forums. I have both and can confirm they act exactly the same and have the same range issues. It looks to me like it is a limitation of that chip.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you both checked to make sure that your routers are working good and maybe doing a factory reset on the phones would fix it I do not see a lot of people with this problem. I mean the 820 should be better then the 810 and I have no issue with my WIFI on my M9.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No issues on WiFi here, looks to have similar range and performance as my 6s plus, 6p. I use the Google OnHub router.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you both checked to make sure that your routers are working good and maybe doing a factory reset on the phones would fix it I do not see a lot of people with this problem. I mean the 820 should be better then the 810 and I have no issue with my WIFI on my M9.

Yes. I actually have 2 10s and they both have the issue. I'm running a pretty beefy Google Fiber set up. I can stand in certain areas of the house and get 200mbs down on my A9 and the wife's 6s, but both 10s will struggle to hold a signal.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if others are not having a problem it could be the two phones like I said above maybe a factory reset may fix it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
My wi-fi is STRONGER than my M8 was for sure. I notice this daily because I have a big yard and my M8 loses wifi at the borders of the yard. 10 has yet to stumble.

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
For me its when i grip the phone in a certain way itll go from 3 bars to 0, router is downstairs and im upstairs. I also own the s7 edge which is much better for wifi.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I thought it was just me being picky. It seemed like the range was shorter with wifi calling to me. My M8 would hold the wifi signal while I was in my car halfway down my street.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I actually have 2 10s and they both have the issue. I'm running a pretty beefy Google Fiber set up. I can stand in certain areas of the house and get 200mbs down on my A9 and the wife's 6s, but both 10s will struggle to hold a signal.

My A9 also has a significantly stronger wifi connection than my 10. Like, the A9 has a rock solid connection sitting right beside the 10 that is having trouble connecting at all.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My wi-fi is STRONGER than my M8 was for sure. I notice this daily because I have a big yard and my M8 loses wifi at the borders of the yard. 10 has yet to stumble.
I wish that were the case for mine. Can't really use Wi-Fi outdoors at all.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I wish that were the case for mine. Can't really use Wi-Fi outdoors at all.

Dang, that's unfortunate to hear. The first day, before installing the sim, I was walking along the back fence thinking, "Wow, Pandora hasn't cut out, they really improved the Wi-Fi range." Same the next day when I drove home and email notification lit up before I was in the garage.

I wonder if this an inconsistency in hardware or software. I know some people spoke of changes in reception depending how they hold it, I'm guessing you've probably done that but thought it worth mentioning.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I used wifi analyzer last night to compare the 2 10s I have to my A9, Dell venue tablet, and my wife's 6s. The difference is dbm connected to the same Google Fiber network sitting next to each other:

A9: +32
6s: +29
Dell: +16

The 10s have both been reset. There is just something in the hardware affecting wifi.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss where the 10's ranked in your test? I looked up but might have missed it?

Those numbers are how much higher the 10s were to those devices. So while the A9 was at -40dBm, the 10s were at -72. This was the average across both the 2.4 and 5 GHz spectrums

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Those numbers are how much higher the 10s were to those devices. So while the A9 was at -40dBm, the 10s were at -72. This was the average across both the 2.4 and 5 GHz spectrums

Gotcha. Context. My bad.

I guess coming from a 3+ year old phone is where this helps me. 10 is about the same in that regard at fringe areas. :-\ But at work I am about four feet from the router and at home max distance is about 30 feet direct line.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It uses the same chip as the G5 and has the same wifi issues. Take a look at some of the G5 forums. I have both and can confirm they act exactly the same and have the same range issues. It looks to me like it is a limitation of that chip.

Don't notice any WiFi issues on G5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie