GPS Problems

bradfish06

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed every time I try to use Google maps (usually on my commute, trying to see traffic), as soon as I put in the destination, the phone can't find GPS. I get this "searching for GPS" message and a grey arror instead of the blue one. Sometimes it finds it after a minute or so and sometimes it never finds it.

Did not have this problem with the Samsung S4 I just upgraded from, so its not a location or vehicle issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping it just requires a phone or maps update (related, is there any way to report this, either to HTC or to google, to make sure it gets addressed?)

Possible that it is the case I am using, interfering somehow? I will maybe try without the case.

BTW I have location on the highest accuracy setting, using GPS, WiFi, bluetooth and LTE.

Thanks!
Jordan

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Open the Phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
*#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
or, if you don't have UMTS:
UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

Cosnietak

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have HTC 10 from two weeks, and have same problem, i try "only GPS mode" in location settings, move phone from case, upgrade google maps, and nothing helped. Problem is only with Google Maps, i hope that HTC as soon as possible fix this problem - it's finally a flagship model.

Cosnietak

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Information update: Problem witch GPS also appears in other applications that use GPS as Endomondo, TomTom navigation, etc. It seems like gps module get suspended after few minutes. In GPS TEST app I've got information that no satellite is "in use".

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called GPS status which will monitor how many satellites you have connection to. Perhaps it can help you diagnose further.

Posted via the Android Central App

VladMorosanu

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with my HTC 10 bought from Orange, Romania.

In 15 minutes time I get disconnected about 3-4 times. When that happens, I've noticed that I lose mobile signal as well. Blackout is between 30 seconds to several minutes. When it finally works again, it takes several minutes to get back to 4G+, usually stays under H (Data).

I'm thinking of sending it back. I've used several other phones successfully in exactly the same place in exactly the same car, never had problems until now.

I've owned a Galaxy S4, Xperia Z3, LG G4, same car, only the HTC has issues.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with my HTC 10 bought from Orange, Romania.

In 15 minutes time I get disconnected about 3-4 times. When that happens, I've noticed that I lose mobile signal as well. Blackout is between 30 seconds to several minutes. When it finally works again, it takes several minutes to get back to 4G+, usually stays under H (Data).

I'm thinking of sending it back. I've used several other phones successfully in exactly the same place in exactly the same car, never had problems until now.

I've owned a Galaxy S4, Xperia Z3, LG G4, same car, only the HTC has issues.

This is also happening with a lot of LG G5s

Posted via the Android Central App

Destined627

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my navigation sucks. Everytime I try to use it, the GPS signal is lost and it doesn't navigate....super annoying. I have no idea why. Location is on and power saver is not on, so that isn't it.

N SN

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I've noticed every time I try to use Google maps (usually on my commute, trying to see traffic), as soon as I put in the destination, the phone can't find GPS. I get this "searching for GPS" message and a grey arror instead of the blue one. Sometimes it finds it after a minute or so and sometimes it never finds it.

Did not have this problem with the Samsung S4 I just upgraded from, so its not a location or vehicle issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Hoping it just requires a phone or maps update (related, is there any way to report this, either to HTC or to google, to make sure it gets addressed?)

Possible that it is the case I am using, interfering somehow? I will maybe try without the case.

BTW I have location on the highest accuracy setting, using GPS, WiFi, bluetooth and LTE.

Thanks!
Jordan

Did everything, and had suspected a hardware issue. Finally, I did a factory reset, and reinstalled GMaps and Waze. Works like new now!