how do I Screen shot?

RobDogOne

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm taking about...before on my M8, I was able to take a screenshot using the 'screenshot' tab in my ap drawer...but now it seems as if customizing the app drawer is non existent....not a big deal, but it was a nice feature.

htc 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could also try Google Now On Tap. First, turn it on by opening Google Now, swiping in from the left, tapping Settings>Now On Tap and switching it on. Then, when you're on the screen you want to capture, long-press the Home button to bring up Google Now On Tap, and there should be a Share Screen option. That will take a screenshot.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You could also try Google Now On Tap. First, turn it on by opening Google Now, swiping in from the left, tapping Settings>Now On Tap and switching it on. Then, when you're on the screen you want to capture, long-press the Home button to bring up Google Now On Tap, and there should be a Share Screen option. That will take a screenshot.

One thing I just noticed about this method: It does not include the entire screen. Specifically, the notification bar will be missing from the screenshot.

Power+Volume Down includes the notification bar; Google Now on Tap does not.

If your goal is to capture something on the notification bar (which was my intent earlier today), you can't do it with Now on Tap.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting--I didn't know that! On the other hand, this would be a good way for people to use a screen capture as a wallpaper, because then you wouldn't have the problem of the status bar looking duplicated!;)