I'm due a new phone and probably set on htc10 (even though it doesn't have the feature set wow factor that my m8 had).

One important issue is battery life. I probably would consider myself a medium to heavy user but a lot of the reviews say this phone won't give you 2 day battery life as advertised.

My wife has the note 5 and that lasts her all day without worrying. Will I get a similar experience with htc10?

On another note I think companies need to spend more research on battery technology. It doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the screen technology which seems to be advancing every generation. How long will it be before users are demanding HDR screen mobiles. I think Sony found a solution to this with one of their phones that only runs in 4K mode when it detects suitable videos...
    05-18-2016 07:30 PM
    You're right. It has more wow factor!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-18-2016 08:22 PM
    I feel the same way! I'm typing this message from my M8 while my 10 is charging. My 10 is my new daily driver and my M8 is my back up device. Surprisingly after 2 years of usage my M8 is still running strong!

05-18-2016 08:37 PM
    I find battery life on my 10 to be better than that of my M8. I acrually get about 2 days out of the 10 if I shut it down at night. The M8 would be at about 25% after a day
    05-18-2016 08:47 PM
    This is the first time that I haven't had to make sure I charge the phone before or during bed bed. As long as I have it plugged in for a little while at some point within the day, I'm good to go. I pulled an all-nighter last week and my phone went 23 hours of normal/regular use (I use it a lot) and still had 15% left, which would have easily lasted me until I woke up.
    The battery is seriously not an issue on this phone. Lasts a full day+ and charges ridiculously fast.
    05-18-2016 08:55 PM
    This is the first time that I haven't had to make sure I charge the phone before or during bed bed. As long as I have it plugged in for a little while at some point within the day, I'm good to go. I pulled an all-nighter last week and my phone went 23 hours of normal/regular use (I use it a lot) and still had 15% left, which would have easily lasted me until I woke up.
    The battery is seriously not an issue on this phone. Lasts a full day+ and charges ridiculously fast.
    I feel the same way! I'm typing this message from my M8 while my 10 is charging. My 10 is my new daily driver and my M8 is my back up device. Surprisingly after 2 years of usage my M8 is still running strong!

Your 10 is probably fully charged now. Time to switch back. QC 3.0 is extremely fast. 50% of the 10's battery can last me all day long.
    I find battery life on my 10 to be better than that of my M8. I acrually get about 2 days out of the 10 if I shut it down at night. The M8 would be at about 25% after a day
    Great responses... thx and do you guys have things like full brightness, GPS, LTE and Google location services and apps for instance and still get great battery life or do you switch some things off to get the battery time?
    05-18-2016 11:12 PM
    Great responses... thx and do you guys have things like full brightness, GPS, LTE and Google location services and apps for instance and still get great battery life or do you switch some things off to get the battery time?
    I don't do a single thing to save battery life. I keep auto-bright, check my phone frequently, browse, play 2 or 3 hours of music every day, leave the screen on while I'm working out. Here's a screenshot I took when I did the 23hr thing. I could have gotten 30+ hour shad I not charged it while I slept. I said I had 15% left when I posted before but looking again, it was 21%! It doesn't show the times when it was on for only a few min (cam, check email, etc) because the scale is too wide.
    My battery life is so good that someone here accused me of lying about it. lol.
    HTC 10 - Battery life question?-screenshot_20160510-022731.jpg
    mwake4goten likes this.
    05-18-2016 11:24 PM
    Today was only my first day out of box and so far the phone has constantly played music in my car, I've done some casual gaming, web browsing, tons of social media communication and photography and my battery is currently at 34% at midnight with three hours of on-screen time all powered by Verizon's network. Your usage my vary, but so far I am presently surprised. And this phone is unbelievably responsive and doesn't bog down. I highly recommend this phone, it will not be a waste of money given that you don't run across the occasional defective unit. 😊

05-19-2016 02:02 AM
    I get 4-6 hours SOT from 100 to 20%. I can show you some screenshots if you want some comfort. I down the battery mostly gaming.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    05-19-2016 03:00 AM
    All apps sync as often as possible, bluerooth, wifi, nfc always on. I am however always on wifi at work so I'm sure that help me conserve but that's it
    mwake4goten likes this.
    05-19-2016 04:27 AM
    How is standby battery? If you were to leave the phone next to your bed while you sleep, how much would the battery drain?
    05-19-2016 06:03 AM
    I go to bed at 100 and after 8 hours, wake up with 97
    LindtChocolate likes this.
    05-19-2016 06:26 AM
    This is at home with good reception and a steady Wi-Fi connection
    05-19-2016 06:27 AM
    My wife has the note 5 and that lasts her all day without worrying. Will I get a similar experience with htc10?
    The HTC 10 has better battery life than the Note 5.
    05-20-2016 04:34 PM
    I've found there's a lot of items on the 10 that like to talk. Notably the google app for instance. To really squeeze the juice from this phone takes some tweaking. Out of the box performance is mediocre. Screen on use is a juice guzzler. Where this device really shines is maximizing battery while it's in your pocket resting.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    05-20-2016 04:42 PM
    I think im gonna order one of these!!
    B0WIE likes this.
    05-20-2016 04:52 PM