WIFI Issues Anyone?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing a poor wifi signal with their HTC 10?
It's perfectly fine being right next to the router but start walking a way from it and it's practically non existent.
Non of my other devices are doing this so I doubt it's my router.
I've read over on XDA that others have experienced this after the last OTA.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, after reading a few of these threads I tested my DNA directly up against my 10. DNA is certainly stronger; but not by leaps and bounds. So dissappointing there.

Also noticed I chew more battery on WiFi (always on) versus WiFi (sleep; obviously) and Cell Data Radio. That one caused an eyebrow to go up.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I think everyone should list what software version you have to narrow it down a little.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing a poor wifi signal with their HTC 10?
It's perfectly fine being right next to the router but start walking a way from it and it's practically non existent.
Non of my other devices are doing this so I doubt it's my router.
I've read over on XDA that others have experienced this after the last OTA.

Same. Had another thread on it where I posted comparative readings.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 1.53.6 17.5

Since you have had problems with both wifi and Bluetooth try turning off one and see if the other one works ok and vise versa. This may be a similar problem my wife had on a Moto X.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've not experienced any WiFi problems with my 10, on the contrary I tested it (and reported on the other thread) against my last two phones and it was significantly better than my prior phone (Turbo 1) in wifi signal capture and connection, and fairly close to on-par with the one before that (M7). 1.19.605.9 VzW.

Posted via the 10

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you found any fix?

No. It's usable, but it's going to take some adapting. Like switching off WiFi while mowing the yard because it won't hold a signal out into the street like A9 did.

That's if I keep it. Still weighing the screen polarization issue.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
As I said in the other thread, mine has stronger wifi reception than any of the other phones I've had. I did a test w/ it and the M8 last week and the 10 held reception throughout (and transferred data) throughout my yard where the M8 always cuts off within 10ft of the border. The 10 seems to find and connect wifi very quilckly too.
I think it's strange that there's mix results here. Wonder if there are any hardware differences.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If you are mowing the lawn why would you be using WiFi opposed to 4G anyway? The wifi signal has to go through the walls of your house then it has to contend with all the garage door openers and WiFi networks from your neighbors.

Wasn't address to me but I use wifi in my yard because I like having the cheapest phone plan possible. I do my own organic gardening and would blow through a couple gigs rather quickly if I relied on 4g. Even normal weekly maintenance on a house/yard would eat up a good portion of that.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to drop signal a bit faster when I get near the limits of router, but its by a few feet at most compared to my M8 and DNA. Not really a big deal. I really need to move my router as its on one end of the house so it only makes it about half way through the house before having minimal to no signal. Sadly I dont have much choice for central location currently.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to drop signal a bit faster when I get near the limits of router, but its by a few feet at most compared to my M8 and DNA. Not really a big deal. I really need to move my router as its on one end of the house so it only makes it about half way through the house before having minimal to no signal. Sadly I dont have much choice for central location currently.

I think they have boosters for that. I was going to get one but i think my 10 kind of solved the issue I was having with my previous phones not receiving wifi from the yard.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think they have boosters for that. I was going to get one but i think my 10 kind of solved the issue I was having with my previous phones not receiving wifi from the yard.

Yeah, thought about getting one, but its never been that big of an issue for me. Going through the house is iffy at times, especially when its gotta pass through a few walls or tight hallways, but even when Im outside in the yard by my pool, which is atleast 50-75 feet further away from router than limits of inside the house, I can hold signal with minimal issue thanks to only 1 wall between myself and router. So hasnt been enough to warrant buying booster/extender. Ive learned the limits so its pretty easy to work around that.