If you're a Canadian who preordered your HTC 10) or have ordered a 10 from HTC Canada, which ships via HTC USA), you are eligible to receive Uh Oh protection. I just confirmed with an HTC rep and having provided my IMEI number. I asked for email confirmation, which did just most recently arrive.

It's been understood that Canadians are not eligible; however, because the phone is purchased via HTC USA, I can confirm that we receive it. This came as a surprise to me when this was confirmed. Apologies if this has been previously reported.

And I did also press the agent as to why Canadians who preordered the 10 have not received an email indicating that a free gift is also coming out way too. We shall see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    xchr1583x and B0WIE like this.
    05-19-2016 04:34 PM
    Some people getting it from a carrier won't be eligible..
    05-19-2016 05:07 PM
    Some people getting it from a carrier won't be eligible..
    Yes. It has to be ordered through HTC Canada which then ships via HTC USA. If one buys it through Bell Canada, the only carrier carrying the phone, they will not receive it.

05-19-2016 05:09 PM
    Yes. It has to be ordered through HTC Canada which then ships via HTC USA. If one buys it through Bell Canada, the only carrier carrying the phone, they will not receive it.

Exactly what I said
    05-19-2016 05:17 PM
    If you're a Canadian who preordered your HTC 10) or have ordered a 10 from HTC Canada, which ships via HTC USA), you are eligible to receive Uh Oh protection. I just confirmed with an HTC rep and having provided my IMEI number. I asked for email confirmation, which did just most recently arrive.

It's been understood that Canadians are not eligible; however, because the phone is purchased via HTC USA, I can confirm that we receive it. This came as a surprise to me when this was confirmed. Apologies if this has been previously reported.

And I did also press the agent as to why Canadians who preordered the 10 have not received an email indicating that a free gift is also coming out way too. We shall see.

This is great news although last time I talked to them live about purchasing the phone from htc they said Canadians weren't covered by it.at least now when I buy my phone direct I just might carry it around naked.๐Ÿ˜Š
    05-19-2016 09:00 PM

Well it was pretty embarrassing not offering it when the phone cost $1,000 up here and the exchange difference doesn't account for all of it. Should never have been a question in the first place.

xunholyx likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:07 PM
    This is great news although last time I talked to them live about purchasing the phone from htc they said Canadians weren't covered by it.at least now when I buy my phone direct I just might carry it around naked.๐Ÿ˜Š
    First thing I thought about when it was confirmed for me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Now to see about a similar gift for us Canadians!

radioactive70 likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:14 PM
    Figured I would respond to this thread since I am going through the process right now. I live in Canada and I ordered through HTC Canada online unlocked. My 10 received some liquid damage and is not working so under the Uh Oh protection I am sending the phone back.

Opted for them to send me a new HTC 10 next day and I am going to send the old phone when the new one comes back in with a return shipping label they send with the new phone.

Apparently you have to ship the new phone to a US address and you cannot ship it to a Canadian address. Not sure why, guess Im just lucky to have family in the US that can bring me the new phone.

Im assuming that since we ordered from HTC online and since all Canadian phones were shipped to Canada from phones destined for the US market we are covered with the warranty.
    06-21-2016 08:49 PM
    Well that totally sucks for people that don't have a usa adress to ship to.it was nice of them to finally offer the protection to us Canadians but they sure aren't making things easy for those that might have to use it.
    06-21-2016 09:09 PM
    Actually there is the usa website and Canadian website.we couldn't order through the USA site which would of made the phone cheaper even with our low dollar than buying it through htc canada.
    06-21-2016 09:12 PM
    I'm waiting to see if rogers is going to carry it after bells exclusivity runs out and if not I'll probally spring for a unlocked version and buy it outright.
    06-21-2016 09:16 PM
    Actually there is the usa website and Canadian website.we couldn't order through the USA site which would of made the phone cheaper even with our low dollar than buying it through htc canada.
    I originally ordered from the HTC Canada site but it was shipped from somewhere in the USA to my address in Canada
    06-21-2016 09:33 PM

So I just received an email back from HTC.

Unfortunately the Uh Oh protection is only for USA customers, we only have the normal warranty on our products, if you have any more questions please let us know.
    08-11-2016 01:20 PM
    Here is the HTC Uh-Oh protection information: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=KgZkwNCr

According to the terms, the device needs to be purchased in the US. So looks like non-US models or purchases will not qualify.
    08-11-2016 10:29 PM
    Here is the HTC Uh-Oh protection information: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=uslXYOO-

According to the terms, the device needs to be purchased in the US. So looks like non-US models or purchases will not qualify.
    What your reading is the original uh-oh protection terms.when the htc 10 came out they revamped the protection to cover canada but i guess they never updated their website to say this but in their defense it will only cover the m10 in Canada not the m9 etc..
    srkmagnus likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:52 PM
    What your reading is the original uh-oh protection terms.when the htc 10 came out they revamped the protection to cover canada but i guess they never updated their website to say this but in their defense it will only cover the m10 in Canada not the m9 etc..
    Good to know - thanks for clarifying that.
    08-13-2016 11:53 AM