Got 10 on Wednesday battery drains faster than my m8.

damiand2002

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue but after a week of having it, it seems to get better but nowhere compared to what the s7 edge gives me. I am going to keep it for another 5 days and if it doesnt get better. I am going to send it back!

Posted via the Android Central App

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
May be people with battery issues might consider cache wipe procedure...I find when I install a lot of apps phone can sometimes start glitching including poor battery life...I just do a cache wipe and all is normal again..

reihead

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking trying a regular charger.

Quick charging also drains the battery faster

Can you elaborate on this? How come it drains the battery faster?

Already did a cache wipe last night, keeping an eye on it, standby time is great but while in use not so good.

I think is not fair to compare it to the S7 edge given the extra 600 mAh.

TarzanX

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I've had zero issues with battery life on my HTC 10 since I got it on launch day. I easily get through the whole day with very heavy usage (at least 1 hour of workout tracking with GPS and multiple BT sensors for my bike, lots of listening to music, lots of browsing, taking photos, etc, etc), often at max brightness. Lots of mixed LTE/WiFi. In general, my HTC 10 lasts longer than my One M8 ever did, and also longer than I could ever manage from my Nexus 6P.

Very first thing I did when I got the phone is "disable" Facebook and Instagram. I prefer the mobile version of the Facebook web site to their horrific app, and I never use Instagram. Whenever I disable (or, preferrably, uninstall) Facebook, I find that my battery life becomes much stronger and more predictable. I also disabled other apps, however there's a bug in the "Apps" section of the Settings which prevents me from viewing my disabled apps right now, so I have no clue what they were. I know it's all built-in bloatware that I have no use for and don't want to bother updating.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking trying a regular charger.

Can you elaborate on this? How come it drains the battery faster?

Already did a cache wipe last night, keeping an eye on it, standby time is great but while in use not so good.

I think is not fair to compare it to the S7 edge given the extra 600 mAh.
A slower charge is always better. The faster the charge,the faster the drain. Teat it and you will see

supercurrymax

May 20, 2016
Visit site
So been a week and my battery literally drops 15 to 20% after an hour of being off the charger just listening to downloaded podcasts. If I use it to browse the internet or play a game after removing from charge in down 10% or more in 20 minutes. How the hell do people get their phone to last all day.

reihead

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here, immediately after disconnecting the charger the first 15 - 20 % goes so quick.

I think HTC still have a lot of work to do with the software.

@richard dillon1 I will look into it.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I can now say the most battery drain comes from standby. I think when we go to sleep the phone is syncing data. First night I turned data and Wi-Fi off and battery drop from 79% to 78% in a 7 hrs timeframe. Next time I left the data and Wi-Fi on and the phone dropped from 33% to 13% in eight hours of stand by. It is either they have programmed all apps to be sync and backup at sleep time or we have an issue. However standby in the daytime don't drain half as much as the night.

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. I can listen to podcasts and Google play music (all Streamed) and not have that bad of a drain. Music / podcasts shouldn't tax it that hard.
So now I think we need to get everyone who has the bad battery drain to list their device brand. Which means the carrier, type of charger they are using and their battery status. So we can know if only certain phones having the drainage issues. I know my drainage is at night when I don't use the phone which I don't mind. However I still think many apps are set to backup like around 2am. They are google backup, whatsapp and other things. Without Wi-Fi and data connection I get 1% drain at nights

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
As others have said it could be some rogue app is doing that. Last resort would be to factory reset and install apps one by one, day by day to catch the offending app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781