10 tricky HTC 10 problems and how to fix them

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a bit of a letdown if these are all common issues on any single device. The possible fixes are rather poor on some of these - Of the ten issues, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all scenarios where the real solution is - return the device.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a bit of a letdown if these are all common issues on any single device. The possible fixes are rather poor on some of these - Of the ten issues, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all scenarios where the real solution is - return the device.

Unfortunately, for many these are real issues. I'm sending mine back and rolling wit the A9 until the next Nexus devices

Posted via the Android Central App

damiand2002

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Well no wonder. I thought it was just me having the heavy battery drainage. After 7 hours of only about and hour of use. I was down from 100% to 30%. Hopefully this gets fixed

Posted via the Android Central App

illregal

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The wifi fix is to go into Settings->Wifi->3-dot menu, choose wifi-direct->3-dot menu again, rename. Rename the device to whatever. Mine is htc10. I've been getting 5+ hours SOT no problems.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The wifi fix is to go into Settings->Wifi->3-dot menu, choose wifi-direct->3-dot menu again, rename. Rename the device to whatever. Mine is htc10. I've been getting 5+ hours SOT no problems.

What does changing this do? I am not sure how this fixes the on/off issue?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Same response regardless of what phone it is. If you have these issues, and simple basic troubleshooting doesn't correct it, return the device, get a refund and buy a better device or get a replacement that's not defective.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for about three weeks, and of those 10 issues, I currently have zero! I did have a battery drain, but that was a rogue app doing something it wasn't supposed to do. Easy fix: delete it. I wouldn't call these "common" problems, as that would imply a majority of users are experiencing them. Maybe I got lucky with a good device?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
What I'd like to know is how prevalent are these problems really? Looks like this sort of top 10 problems article is common with other phones too, for example the S7:
Galaxy S7: Common Problems and How to Fix Them | Page 5 | Digital Trends

It's a generic article. News/tech sites make things like this for the clicks(ad revenue). You could cut/paste almost any phone in the title and re-publish the article with minimal editing, which is something poor quality news sources love to do rather than pay real columnists.

Last edited:

illregal

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
What does changing this do? I am not sure how this fixes the on/off issue?

It renames the device for using it with wifi-direct.. If you don't use wifi-direct for anything(most people) then it does nothing. Why that spontaneously improves wifi performance.. I do not know. Basically, if you're connected. But you just get horrible speeds, and sometimes it cuts out for no apparent reason. This should improve that issue. I had this problem after the 1.53 update, was fine before that.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What I'd like to know is how prevalent are these problems really? Looks like this sort of top 10 problems article is common with other phones too, for example the S7:
Galaxy S7: Common Problems and How to Fix Them | Page 5 | Digital Trends

I can only attest to my experience after a couple of weeks: of the problems quoted, I've not experienced any of them to-date (I don't have polarized sunglasses, so no personal experience there). Battery life was rough for the first few days but has settled down to good.

Posted via the 10

Last edited: