Should i upgrade to a 10 from an m8?

reihead

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
If you like / love your m8 is very likely you will like the 10, if camera is important to you then don't think about it. This is a different level camera wise.
Software is still sense but more towards stock google which is a matter of preference.
So far the only draw back coming from a m8 is the stereo speakers, indeed is a full step back.

Hope this helps

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch and have no regrets. I expected to hate speaker setup, but its quite good still. Its not better or really worse for that matter, just different imo. Beyond that, software is similar but lighterweight on the sense side and is more vanilla than before. I swapped mainly cause I could get new phone and swap plans and save money still. My M8 was still good, but was showing its age a little more each day. Could have kept going with it, but after using a 10, I was sold.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I went from an M8 to the 10, and do not regret it. I loved my M8, but it was definitely starting to feel a bit laggy at times. Battery under 5.0 was pretty bad on the M8, and 6.0 definitely made it better, but now, battery on the 10 is amazing.

Not sure of the camera since I don't really take pictures, but everyone says the 10 is better than the M8, so I'll take their word for it.

Also, I'm on T-mobile, and they added their 700MHZ Band 12 coverage after the M8, so my radios didn't have that. Definitely noticing way better coverage on the 10 than I had on the M8. My sister lives about 5 miles outside the city I'm in, and I'd be lucky to see 4mbps. Last weekend I was getting 70mpbs+.

My one single negative on the phone is the polarized sunglasses issue, but so far i've managed to live with it (if begrudgingly).

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I was taken back when i held it, i loved the stereo speaker set up. when i played with it it seemed like the same amount of sense that is on the m8, but if its less than thats worth it. i do take pictures alot, but im not a huge camera nut. but the 10 can take pictures in 4k no? my m8 is showing age. a lot of apps don't work anymore and i have to reboot my phone in order for them to work. is it actually smaller than the m8? phone arena says so.

Stykthyn

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
It's actually slightly larger. I had blinkfeed and most of the sense functions disabled on the m8 and that's how this comes out of the box. Sense is there if you want it, but its not in your face like it was with the m8. If your m8 was functioning flawlessly I'd say hold onto it. It's still a remarkably quick device, but if your are having issues then the 10 is definitely worth picking up.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Other than the specs being more beefed up, should i upgrade to a 10 from an m8? Why? How is the software different?
I still have and use an M8 but the 10 is a worthwhile upgrade for sure. As I tell people, it's not one big thing, it's a hundred little things; screen, cam, audio, speed, battery, smarter UI, appearance, feel, just about everything is a step better and some things (audio, battery) are a solid leap from where they were.
Many M8s are getting at the end of their battery's life (if yours isn't, it will soon) so when you consider the cost of getting that replaced it's even more reason to move toward the 10.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I still have and use an M8 but the 10 is a worthwhile upgrade for sure.
Many M8s are getting at the end of their battery's life (if yours isn't, it will soon) so when you consider the cost of getting that replaced it's even more reason to move toward the 10.

Trying to figure out what to do with my old M8. What do you guys usually do with 2-year old phones?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Trying to figure out what to do with my old M8. What do you guys usually do with 2-year old phones?

Re-sale value on 2-year old phones used to be good but it's simply not anymore. With the M8 being worth around $100, no way am I selling mine. It's still quite capable for a number of things. I'm letting my wife use it as an MP3 player. It'll also serve as a backup phone in case it's needed. A camera for when I don't want to bring my 10 (hiking, working on the car, etc) etc.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife now has my M8, and is completely delighted with it. It's in fantastic condition and should last her another two years. I don't regret jumping to the 10 whatsoever.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I've done this and although the processor is faster, there are some plus's to the m8 that the 10 doesn't have.
1. Vibration intensity low
2. App tray at top of screen no longer customizable
3. HTC gallery gone
4. HTC music player gone

That's all I can think of at 8 in the morning without coffee 😁 but at the end it's down to how you use it.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Im sure you can put htc apps back on? i know they have some in the play store. i watched a 35 minute 50+ tips n tricks from sakiteck and it sold me. i ordered it from verizon on the phone and the phone teller gave me $200 off, can't beat that. plus i ordered a dbrand skin. i think i made a right choice!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Im sure you can put htc apps back on? i know they have some in the play store. i watched a 35 minute 50+ tips n tricks from sakiteck and it sold me. i ordered it from verizon on the phone and the phone teller gave me $200 off, can't beat that. plus i ordered a dbrand skin. i think i made a right choice!

Is that a video on youtube? If so, what's the name of the video?

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
You're right about the loudness on M7 and M8. I wish HTC would crank up the volume on the 10. Many people in the past complained about blown speakers. I think that is why HTC toned down the volume through one of their updates.