I finally tried out using headphones today and the sound is great. However, as Im listening the song just stops and boomsound goes to internal speakers and it cant find the headphones. I have to remove and put them back a few times, start and stop song. Anyone else experiencing this? I had the phone in my pocket with the cord sticking out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Its like any time I move the phone it goes away. I unplug, it finds it for 5 seconds then disappears. If it works it works for 10-15 seconds max.
    05-23-2016 03:17 PM
    Thats a physical issue with the jack. Be careful not to put any strain on the plug while plugged in. It will possible damage the jack, inside the phone. Look inside and make sure there is no link or dirt in the jack. If the problem continues, it may need repair.
    05-23-2016 03:20 PM
    I finally tried out using headphones today and the sound is great. However, as Im listening the song just stops and boomsound goes to internal speakers and it cant find the headphones. I have to remove and put them back a few times, start and stop song. Anyone else experiencing this? I had the phone in my pocket with the cord sticking out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Its like any time I move the phone it goes away. I unplug, it finds it for 5 seconds then disappears. If it works it works for 10-15 seconds max.
    I've experienced nothing liked that. You may want to consider a warranty claim. I would definitely call HTC.
    05-23-2016 03:55 PM
    If you have another pair of headphones, try them out. Tolerance between manufacturers can be an unfortunate problem in the world of audio. Like Freeland said, it's likely a physical issue with the jack. Make sure there's no debris in the jack or on the connector. The next time it cuts out, try turning the connector at the base, without removing it, or wiggle it gently. If it comes back in, the terminal is not tight. You can either bend a needle and pop it back up a little or send it in for warranty replacement. BE SURE to try another set of headphones first though!
    joewoo likes this.
    05-23-2016 04:38 PM
    Try another set of headphones. Are the ones with the problems iPhone branded?
    05-24-2016 07:42 AM
    I'm betting it's the headphones you're using... I have a Samsung pair that doesn't play nice
    05-24-2016 07:52 AM