Losing headphones while listening - Anyone else?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I finally tried out using headphones today and the sound is great. However, as Im listening the song just stops and boomsound goes to internal speakers and it cant find the headphones. I have to remove and put them back a few times, start and stop song. Anyone else experiencing this? I had the phone in my pocket with the cord sticking out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Its like any time I move the phone it goes away. I unplug, it finds it for 5 seconds then disappears. If it works it works for 10-15 seconds max.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thats a physical issue with the jack. Be careful not to put any strain on the plug while plugged in. It will possible damage the jack, inside the phone. Look inside and make sure there is no link or dirt in the jack. If the problem continues, it may need repair.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I finally tried out using headphones today and the sound is great. However, as Im listening the song just stops and boomsound goes to internal speakers and it cant find the headphones. I have to remove and put them back a few times, start and stop song. Anyone else experiencing this? I had the phone in my pocket with the cord sticking out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Its like any time I move the phone it goes away. I unplug, it finds it for 5 seconds then disappears. If it works it works for 10-15 seconds max.
I've experienced nothing liked that. You may want to consider a warranty claim. I would definitely call HTC.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If you have another pair of headphones, try them out. Tolerance between manufacturers can be an unfortunate problem in the world of audio. Like Freeland said, it's likely a physical issue with the jack. Make sure there's no debris in the jack or on the connector. The next time it cuts out, try turning the connector at the base, without removing it, or wiggle it gently. If it comes back in, the terminal is not tight. You can either bend a needle and pop it back up a little or send it in for warranty replacement. BE SURE to try another set of headphones first though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463