Straight Talk?

GNS1310

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Will the HTC 10 work with Straight Talk?

My contract with Verizon was up in January...I haven't decided what to do, but I do know I want the 10.
2 year cost with VXW is going to be around $2700
2 years with TMobile is around 1900
2 years with Straight Talk (I can pay month by month or pay a yearly rate) will be 1600

Thinking of buying the phone unlocked and switching to ST. I haven't contacted VZW or TMo yet, I may be able to get a better deal if I call and tell them I'm leaving.

Any opinions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the HTC 10s will - AT&T or TMobile - and possibly Verizon. (Normally only a Sprint-branded phone will be accepted by Sprint, directly or through an MVNO like ST.) So buy the phone for the carrier that has the best coverage in the areas you need (dead spots can be less than a foot in diameter, so at your desk, not in your office building - it's no fun to have to go down the hall every 15 minutes to see if you've gotten any calls).

You don't have to unlock anything - a TMo phone will work on ST with an ST TMo SIM, and Verizon phones are unlocked and will work on ST with a Verizon SIM.

Talk to the retention department (although Verizon normally won't bend a penny) - they may give you the ST price for the ST data amount. (Don't pay ST by the year - if they cancel your account - and they've been known to - you don't get a refund, even if it's during the first week. Even 3 months at a time can be risky.)

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Two years with Straight Talk is $1080 plus the cost of the phone.
I've used Straight Talk for 5 years. The last 4 years I've purchased one year cards for the best deal. I have never had an issue, nor heard of them canceling anyone's account. Buy the Straight Talk plan you can afford, the longer the plan the better the savings.
In any event you have 1/2 a year to decide.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
From the the bottom of the "Value" tab on the Buy page for the unlocked version of the HTC 10:eek:n HTC's website:

*AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Alaska Communications, Cricket, Walmart Family Mobile, Straight Talk and Net 10 customers can use an unlocked HTC 10 today.