Verizon Update - HTC 10

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious, a friend with an unlocked 10 shows firmware version 1.53.xxx.x while my updated VZW 10 shows firmware version 1.19.xxx.xx. Any clue why mine didn't jump to 1.53 as well? Is this the same for anyone else?

~Ex

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Well my camera doesn't seem to be improved at all. It might be a tiny bit faster to open, but I can't tell for sure. Focusing is still slow as hell and pics still come out blurry and grainy in low light. I was hoping it would take pics faster so I can get good shots of my 9 month old daughter who won't hold still. But they still come out blurry.

My Nexus 6p camera was faster than this and pics came out much better. The 6p camera is a little slow so it's surprising.

Maybe more frustrating is that after the update, which was supposed to have wifi connectivity fixes, I now keep getting a notification popping up saying I'm connected to my wifi. I never had that problem before, now I do. So far not liking the update.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Curious, a friend with an unlocked 10 shows firmware version 1.53.xxx.x while my updated VZW 10 shows firmware version 1.19.xxx.xx. Any clue why mine didn't jump to 1.53 as well? Is this the same for anyone else?

~Ex

Yes, it's the same for me as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

brdsng

May 28, 2016
Visit site
The only thing keeping me from this phone is the external speaker volume being so low, does this update do anything to improve the loudness on the external speaker?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

~Ex
The Verizon version is probably a bit behind the unlocked version in terms of updates.

Verizon will probably see 1.53 at a later date

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

~Ex

Im just gonna guess the version numbers dont match due to carrier difference, or in this case Verizon being different from others. By the looks of it it includes most everything from the 1.53 update. I highly doubt we see next update jump to 1.53 from 1.19. Will likely be some number Verizon comes up with for their build of the HTC build. This is all just a guess, but I cant honestly see there being such huge numerical difference between unlocked and carrier version of the phones.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The only thing keeping me from this phone is the external speaker volume being so low, does this update do anything to improve the loudness on the external speaker?

My word. I listen to audiobooks while I shave etc in the morning and the volume on my prior phone (Droid Turbo) was such that I was shopping for a Bluetooth speaker. When I got the 10, I quit shopping - the 10 speakers are much much louder than my Turbo. Among the loudest phone speakers I've experienced.

Posted via the 10

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Well my camera doesn't seem to be improved at all. It might be a tiny bit faster to open, but I can't tell for sure. Focusing is still slow as hell and pics still come out blurry and grainy in low light. I was hoping it would take pics faster so I can get good shots of my 9 month old daughter who won't hold still. But they still come out blurry.

My Nexus 6p camera was faster than this and pics came out much better. The 6p camera is a little slow so it's surprising.

Maybe more frustrating is that after the update, which was supposed to have wifi connectivity fixes, I now keep getting a notification popping up saying I'm connected to my wifi. I never had that problem before, now I do. So far not liking the update.
Clean your lens and auto focus

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I did update. Battery is same (for me fantastic). WiFi solution is still a question mark for me as I am not even sure what was addressed. The peek screen notification seems to "self resolve" most times (show up and then disappear) but I am not sure the WiFi is performing any different. I still think that constant notification is the fact that Wifi has gone to sleep. Seems to happen quite often during screen lock. I have not configured any down time or DND time.

brdsng

May 28, 2016
Visit site
My word. I listen to audiobooks while I shave etc in the morning and the volume on my prior phone (Droid Turbo) was such that I was shopping for a Bluetooth speaker. When I got the 10, I quit shopping - the 10 speakers are much much louder than my Turbo. Among the loudest phone speakers I've experienced.

Posted via the 10

I've tested two different 10s at different stores and my s6 was undoubtedly louder both times, unfortunately.

And, if you scroll down quite a bit, you'll see the 10 is quite quiet: HTC 10 Benchmarks .

But cool that it works for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21