Positive Experience with My HTC 10

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So far I love this phone. Normally people come here to complain about some feature or to fix a problem. I however am quite happy.

And surprised, because this phone did the impossible. It actually made me stay at Verizon. And while I'm not there biggest fan the experience is greatly improved coming from the dreadful Droid Turbo. My last HTC was the Thunderbolt. So pretty much what I've learned is stay away from carrier exclusive phones.

Also, the main reason I came back to HTC was their decision to scale back Sense and go with a more vanilla Android experience. Well done HTC.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: My HTC 10

I'm glad to see others having a positive experience with the 10. I've been very happy with mine since the 1.53 update rolled out. The camera, connectivity, call quality, overall performance, etcetera have been spot on. Sure, it has its quirks. Every device does. All in all it has proven to be the perfect phone for me.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6p... been using the tmo 10 and really am impressed.... And this is without the camera and other improvements the unlocked version received and the Verizon one's will start to get tomorrow.
I think those reviewers or those returning because of the camera should judge after the update. My opinion... I know I am.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am also loving this device. Can't wait to see what if any improvements the Verizon update does. This is by far the best device I have used.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
HTC 10 based on a regular user

I see many many post of people throwing out all this blah blah blah trying to sound all smart. Like they know everything about phones. I guess a bit of history went from windows phone to iOS then to Android back to iOS and now to the HTC 10. This is no way makes me an expert at all.

As far as the 10 goes, I really enjoy this device a lot. It will do everything you want it to do and more. I have the unlocked version so out of the box I had 2 updates and never experienced any issues. Such as camera and extreme battery drain. I have no pink hue when I hold the phone at an angle.

I can understand the boom sound. It's not as loud as as the previous models. It's still really good. If it seems quiet you can switch it from music mode to theatrical mode and that does boost the volume and make it sound more full.

I haven't really used the messaging app seeing as how I am partial to textra. So I can't comment on lag for that app. I can say I haven't experienced any lag at all.

The issue with the viewing of the screen in the sun hasn't really bothered me at all. Probably because the iPhone sucks when viewing in the sun and that's what I'm use to.

I love being able to theme my device without having to slap a launcher on my device. That was my favorite thing with my note 5 and Android in general. I really love how clean the UI is on this device. Theres no cluttered bs and no useless app(probably because it's unlocked)

As far as battery usage. I have only had this for a few days so I can't really say. I do know that I have had a day of normal usage. The phone was off charger for 18 hours and by the time I got home I still had 34% battery and never used battery saver.

From a guy who enjoys technology and phones. This is really a solid device, the build quality is also excellent. It always comes down to what you like and what you want from a phone. I highly recommend this device to anyone.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I use to love windows mobile, and I secretly still do. Microsoft just cannot figure out how to take what is a great os and implement it with out shooting themselves in the foot. They should just make it a software and have it available for people who want to flash that onto their phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool