06-06-2018 08:33 AM
100 1234
tools
    From Shuyan on the M8 Forum, it WORKS GREAT!!!!:
    When you did this were you warned with a popup with a frightening notice? Loss of account data, etc.
    06-02-2016 06:45 AM
    I don't recall, hang on I will check it out...No, It says: All this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts,databases, etc. I did it, and had no issues at all. YMMV, but I have done it both on my M8 and my M10 with no apparent issues except longer battery life. All my data was still there, contacts, log ins, etc.

When you did this were you warned with a popup with a frightening notice? Loss of account data, etc.
    isdaako likes this.
    06-02-2016 06:53 AM
    OK! My battery drain overnight was solved by turning off auto play video in twitter, facebook and blinkfeed.
    06-13-2016 07:38 AM
    I don't recall, hang on I will check it out...No, It says: All this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts,databases, etc. I did it, and had no issues at all. YMMV, but I have done it both on my M8 and my M10 with no apparent issues except longer battery life. All my data was still there, contacts, log ins, etc.
    I tried this out and it was the same result for me. More memory and better battery life without losing any contacts, files, etc.
    06-13-2016 08:35 AM
    I'm not doing anything special on my t-mobile locked version. All radios on all the time etc. It's not as good as my s7 edge but it's not bad at all. One difference to the s7 is that it does not tell you as it optimizes battery usage for apps. You just need to trust that after some days it starts reducing battery usage on infrequently used apps.
    06-13-2016 12:04 PM
    Dont know what I'm doing, either its not terrible but for a flagship I wanted and expected better.

For example on the Mi5 half an hours web browsing, which I like to do, only consumed about 3% of battery(Detailed Report of the Quick Charge 3.0 of Xiaomi Mi 5 - Xiaomi Mi 5/Pro - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum) whereas If I did this on the HTC 10 I'd be looking at 10%+ consumption it just sips battery when the screens on for me. Of course there are many factors contributing but even If I was sitting next to the Wifi router, it'd defintely consume a lot more than 3%.

If the Nexus is good and the battery is better, I'd jump ship for battery alone.
    06-15-2016 01:55 PM
    I'm not doing anything special on my t-mobile locked version. All radios on all the time etc. It's not as good as my s7 edge but it's not bad at all. One difference to the s7 is that it does not tell you as it optimizes battery usage for apps. You just need to trust that after some days it starts reducing battery usage on infrequently used apps.
    on the NBR Forums they are talking about a bug in the WiFi driver on this phone that causes massive battery drain if WiFi is on.
    06-15-2016 02:15 PM
    on the NBR Forums they are talking about a bug in the WiFi driver on this phone that causes massive battery drain if WiFi is on.
    Not true and I have Wi-Fi on all the time and do connect often.
    06-15-2016 02:21 PM
    Not true and I have Wi-Fi on all the time and do connect often.
    Well I said that's what I read.....

see: HTC 10 | Page 2 | NotebookReview
    06-15-2016 02:34 PM
    No Wi-Fi bug for me

brought to you by the power of 10
    06-15-2016 02:40 PM
    No Wi-Fi bug for me

brought to you by the power of 10
    how to verify if I have it or not?
    06-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Well I said that's what I read.....

see: HTC 10 | Page 2 | NotebookReview
    You really need to take what you read with a grain of salt. There are many people out there that mean well but reach conclusions that are erroneous. They then repeat them in these forums as fact. The truth is the m10 regardless of release has no glaring bugs. It's a great phone. It does have some minor stuff that will improve as patches role out.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-15-2016 04:25 PM
    You really need to take what you read with a grain of salt. There are many people out there that mean well but reach conclusions that are erroneous. They then repeat them in these forums as fact. The truth is the m10 regardless of release has no glaring bugs. It's a great phone. It does have some minor stuff that will improve as patches role out.
    thanks brah
    06-15-2016 04:38 PM
    06-16-2016 01:22 PM
    Is my battery life as expected for this phone?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-14284.jpg  
    06-17-2016 04:44 PM
    I don't know how to take a screenshot, but I get 2+ days, most of the time 3 days on a charge (I don't have a lot of screen on time though).
    06-24-2016 09:20 AM

Heavy usage
    06-24-2016 06:54 PM
    That looks pretty good.
    06-25-2016 06:07 AM
    This is what I'm getting (on a weekend, though, so it doesn't have the more-than-hour-long commute using both Waze and Podcast Addict/Audible):

What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-txp4uui.png

It's okay, I guess, although the Waze usage in the morning means I do need to recharge at work.
    06-25-2016 08:47 AM
    My co-worker and I both got the HTC 10 as soon as it was available from Verizon. We previously had the original HTC One and loved it enough to wait until the 10 was released. We promptly copied our data, installed our apps, added our Exchange ActiveSync accounts and multiple Google accounts and everything was amazing. I popped in a 128GB SD card and was in heaven. The camera rocked and the battery life was amazing...almost two full days of doing whatever we wanted whenever. And it stayed that way until sometime the week of June 20th.

I went on a road trip that week...through eight states in eight days...and I had my phone plugged into my vehicle charger most of the time with Google Maps giving me navigation advice. I think it was Friday, June 24th when I first noticed that my phone seemed hot even when it wasn't charging, and I noticed that the battery was discharging very rapidly. I hadn't made any changes...no new apps, no updates that I was aware of...but my phone was basically acting like a piece of junk. I hadn't been playing games on it and certainly didn't let my kids touch it at all. This continued through the weekend and has been plaguing me ever since.

I figured it was probably just something stoned on my phone so I planned to perform a factory reset. But then I learned that my co-worker was having the same problem, and that it started at about the same time (sometime around June 23rd or 24th). So we put our phones into debug mode to try to figure it out. It appears that Google Sync is running like crazy. But neither of us ever made any changes to anything, especially regarding sync settings.

I unplug the phone at about 7:30am and by 1pm it's pretty much dead. And I don't actually have the screen turned on very often during those hours. It's ridiculous and I about to throw it at a wall. I've tried turning off all auto-sync, BlueTooth, etc. etc. per the hundreds of posts/articles on how to extend Android battery life. It seems to be running much cooler now, and perhaps a little longer, but nothing like a week ago when everything was fantastic. I also have a problem with it saying "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" within about 30 seconds of powering it on or rebooting it, after which I can't access my SD card. I'm afraid the heat may have cooked it, or the slot. Removing it with the device powered off then putting it back in doesn't matter. When the phone first boots I can browse the contents of the SD card and open photos and videos. But within minutes I'm screwed. My co-worker doesn't have an SD card in his. I haven't done any other troubleshooting on this part of it yet.

I'm pissed, and ready to throw this at a wall... And I have a hard time believing that my co-worker and I are the only people on the planet that suddenly experienced an exponential increase in Google Sync/Services activity beginning sometime late last week.
    06-30-2016 06:29 PM
    My co-worker and I both got the HTC 10 as soon as it was available from Verizon. We previously had the original HTC One and loved it enough to wait until the 10 was released. We promptly copied our data, installed our apps, added our Exchange ActiveSync accounts and multiple Google accounts and everything was amazing. I popped in a 128GB SD card and was in heaven. The camera rocked and the battery life was amazing...almost two full days of doing whatever we wanted whenever. And it stayed that way until sometime the week of June 20th.

I went on a road trip that week...through eight states in eight days...and I had my phone plugged into my vehicle charger most of the time with Google Maps giving me navigation advice. I think it was Friday, June 24th when I first noticed that my phone seemed hot even when it wasn't charging, and I noticed that the battery was discharging very rapidly. I hadn't made any changes...no new apps, no updates that I was aware of...but my phone was basically acting like a piece of junk. I hadn't been playing games on it and certainly didn't let my kids touch it at all. This continued through the weekend and has been plaguing me ever since.

I figured it was probably just something stoned on my phone so I planned to perform a factory reset. But then I learned that my co-worker was having the same problem, and that it started at about the same time (sometime around June 23rd or 24th). So we put our phones into debug mode to try to figure it out. It appears that Google Sync is running like crazy. But neither of us ever made any changes to anything, especially regarding sync settings.

I unplug the phone at about 7:30am and by 1pm it's pretty much dead. And I don't actually have the screen turned on very often during those hours. It's ridiculous and I about to throw it at a wall. I've tried turning off all auto-sync, BlueTooth, etc. etc. per the hundreds of posts/articles on how to extend Android battery life. It seems to be running much cooler now, and perhaps a little longer, but nothing like a week ago when everything was fantastic. I also have a problem with it saying "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" within about 30 seconds of powering it on or rebooting it, after which I can't access my SD card. I'm afraid the heat may have cooked it, or the slot. Removing it with the device powered off then putting it back in doesn't matter. When the phone first boots I can browse the contents of the SD card and open photos and videos. But within minutes I'm screwed. My co-worker doesn't have an SD card in his. I haven't done any other troubleshooting on this part of it yet.

I'm pissed, and ready to throw this at a wall... And I have a hard time believing that my co-worker and I are the only people on the planet that suddenly experienced an exponential increase in Google Sync/Services activity beginning sometime late last week.
    I'm very sorry for your guyses issues but I have not been experiencing issues My M10. I'm staying at 32% right now and I unplug my phone at 7 a.m. this morning. I do work 8 hours a day so I'm not really on my phone. But I was making some light voice over Internet calls and doing a lot of Facebook Messenger. Not sure what is causing your sync issues but maybe trying to factory reset my fix it. I hope you get it worked out because they should be paying at a beast of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-04-2016 01:47 AM
    I had a very similar experience to what GemiNiveK describes (except the SD card problem). No issues with battery life when I first got the phone, then it fell off the cliff. It happened a few weeks earlier for me than him, but was the same sudden and dramatic reduction in battery life. I've even tested putting the phone in Extreme Saver mode overnight three times, and lost about 25% of battery over 8 or 9 hours each time. That mode is supposed to shut off most services, right? (especially when screen is off - no syncing anything in that state, you will receive phone calls but I think the other things you CAN do are manual sync, text messages possibly excepted) and make it possible to "limp along" for up to a day on your last 15% of battery. With THAT mode I lost 25% of battery overnight!

I made no special setting changes when first putting the phone in service, but since the dramatic change I have reset all my apps (as advised by Verizon support), only enabled permissions that are absolutely needed (phone needs to access contacts, email needs to access files to open attachments, that sort of thing), gone through all my sync settings and disabled anything not needed, checked on all the optimization settings... but the phone is just dying faster and faster, it seems. It also seems the phone is operating the radio nearly all the time. If on wifi it will run that, but will also run the 4G radio when not on wifi. The upstream/downstream arrows blink off very occasionally but not for more than a second.

Unlike GemiNiveK, I've had no problems with SD card. 64 Gb card in there is working perfectly as far as I can tell.

Just called Verizon again and they agree this is a problem. They are exchanging the phone. It doesn't FEEL like a hardware issue to me, so it will be interesting if the new phone works properly, but I really love the phone and want to work this out, whatever the method.
    07-22-2016 01:55 PM
    Hi guys, I have a slow charge issue. I accidentally left the phone under the sun for half an hour in a tank bag while riding on a motorcycle. After that a little bit of a slow charge issue started. The phone charges to a certain percentage, say %85, and stays there for 10-15 minutes without even getting a %1 increase in the battery level. I can't figure out what's going on. Can this problem be related to the occasion I left it under the sun. Because afterwards, there was a red exclamation mark flashing inside the battery logo on the top right corner and the phone was really hot which got colder after some time that I shut it off. Thanks for any insight you night provide.
    07-26-2016 07:58 AM
    Is this an HTC 10? I don't know if my HTC 10 has a "cool-down" mode but my previous phone (a Galaxy S) had a it, which would self-activate if the phone got too hot. It came on a couple times and it restricts charging and heavy use which would cause more heat, but I never noticed a dramatic battery life reduction from it (I've heard others say this can happen though). Anyway, it appears I'm not the only one who experienced a sudden, dramatic reduction in battery life with an HTC 10, so if you are running one too then I wouldn't be too quick to assume the heat caused your issues, BUT... I have not had the problem what you describe (not charging past 85%). I took my phone off the charger 3.5 hours ago, played some media on the way to work (~30 mins) and had very little other use, and am now at 35%.

My replacement from Verizon just showed up though, so I'm hoping for a major improvement once I get switched over!
    07-26-2016 12:43 PM
    oops
    07-26-2016 12:53 PM
100 1234