06-06-2018 08:33 AM
100 ... 234
tools
    It's an HTC 10. After I wrote the post, it rose up to %92, but stayed there for at least 15 minutes and then I had to disconnect it. Now I'm at home and I'm m charging it again. I connected it at 40% and after 16 minutes, it filled the battery 11%. Is this fast enough, or as I think, too slow for a rapid charging phone? Also it gets way to hot even with normal use, no gaming and stuff, just surfing on the Web as high as 104°F. Now while it's charging it's 118°F. Frikking hell 😂😂
    07-26-2016 01:06 PM
    Just make sure you don't always have GPS on. I have found that I am easily getting more than a day in normal use with this phone, also Pokémon Go will kill any phone. If you are using Pokémon, just make sure that augmented reality is turned off. You can also turn on the battery saver, and that really helps. Unless you are standing in direct sunlight, try turning brightness down. I personally never use the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger app, as I find they kill any phone. I just access FB through Opera browser.
    https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...0-battery-life
    08-11-2016 10:19 AM
    Try taking lte off go 4g and I'll gain 25% more battery with very little notice of speed loss.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    mwake4goten likes this.
    08-11-2016 11:30 AM
    I really don't understand why the Verizon cloud is so high. I have it on wifi only at night only.

And not sure why Bluetooth either. Is having it on while not connected this bad?

08-12-2016 04:50 AM
    So, I got the HTC 10 on Monday. Had a S7 Edge before. I knew the battery life was going to be less stellar than on the Edge, but I'm also not seeing the results I see on this forum. I have way less battery life. I tried it out today and had about 14 hours, with 3 hours screen on time, before the 10 hit 2 % and I plugged it back in. I didn't make it through the day.

What am I doing wrong? I'm a pretty heavy user, I admit. But this phone still seems to drain more than I'm used to, for example on the regular S7 with the same battery capacity. I'm not seeing any apps use unexpected amounts of power in the background. NFC is off. Screen brightness usually only 50%.

I do think I read something in the Android Central review by Phil about the battery life improving over time. Have you had similar experiences? Any tips? What did you do to get this great battery life on your phones? Because I'm not seeing it (so far at least)

Hi! Look into your app management (maybe system apps) and kill the app called DT Ignite. That worked for me. Good luck!
    12-01-2016 12:23 PM
    Try taking lte off go 4g and I'll gain 25% more battery with very little notice of speed loss.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    I second this... LTE in my area is very poor and drains my HTC 10 so quickly.... When i put it on 4G it behaves as advertised. Also not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, but I would try a cache wipe procedure in recovery.
    12-01-2016 01:16 PM
    Just make sure you don't always have GPS on. I have found that I am easily getting more than a day in normal use with this phone, also Pokémon Go will kill any phone. If you are using Pokémon, just make sure that augmented reality is turned off. You can also turn on the battery saver, and that really helps. Unless you are standing in direct sunlight, try turning brightness down. I personally never use the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger app, as I find they kill any phone. I just access FB through Opera browser.
    https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...0-battery-life
    I.Understand the thing about GPS draining battery when on but what if I needed to find my phone if it was lost? I could still find it I suppose but it wouldn't be accurate if I tried finding it via lookout (wouldn't be able to get exact directions to find it when GPS is off). Any suggestions on that?
    12-02-2016 12:01 AM
    I really don't understand why the Verizon cloud is so high. I have it on wifi only at night only.

And not sure why Bluetooth either. Is having it on while not connected this bad?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0f4553aa06.jpg
    Verizon cloud tries to sync constantly. Luckily, you can easily disable this or adjust the frequency to your needs in Account Settings.
    Bluetooth also scans and seeks a device to connect to every few seconds. Turn it off if you don't need it.
    12-02-2016 08:41 PM
    Today, I had to disable the facebook app. I just got the phone last week. I uplugged and within 5 minutes of no use, I dropped from 100% to 95%. I checked my battery app and **** book was using 66% of the battery and I haven't even launched the app yet.
    12-05-2016 07:13 AM
    Hi,

Mine looks like it needs to go for warranty.

What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-screenshot_20170114-083809.jpg

4% battery drain per hour without wifi/nfc/location/only once per hour checking the screen.
    in SAFE MODE.

60% going to Android OS
    What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-screenshot_20170114-083818.jpg

Tried all the uninstalling, factory reset, safe mode. It is not good.

It pretty much happened from one day to the next. Still think it is software somehow. BUT HOW?

update: mine is being replaced under warranty.
    01-13-2017 06:51 PM
    Hi I just bought HTC 10
    What should I do with the battery related to this battery issue, should I use until low around 10% then recharge to full or just 40% to 80 or 90% like that, any suggestion?
    08-22-2017 03:17 AM
    Everything I've read is that for best battery life you should try to keep between 20% and 80%.
    08-22-2017 03:26 PM
    Other than letting the battery run all the way down until shut off, I'd suggest to just use the phone and don't worry about it too much.
    08-25-2017 01:29 PM
    Used to brag about how great battery life was...never bringing my charger to work during 10-12 hour days..etc.
    Lately though (phone is about 13 months old) it's been awful. Went to bed with a 90+% charge, woke up, phone was dead. Off.
    Charged it to 99% at 10pm...it's now not even 6 hours later and I'm at 34%. Have hardly used my phone today. Checked Snapchat, no calls no nothing...
    Any ideas?
    Location was on battery saving, now it's off.
    08-29-2017 02:41 PM
    I really should so a little more homework before I post!
    Turns out Truecaller was hogging 71% of the battery usage...I also found out how bad TC has gotten. Used to be my go-to for blocking calls etc.
    Took it off the phone and am charging now, we'll see how much improvement there is later.
    08-29-2017 02:49 PM
    I use truecaller and have not noticed it sucking battery. Will be watching it for awhile. Are you using the paid version? Maybe a power difference between the two. I also only use it for call blocking and don't use any of their phone, contacts or message stuff. It's been working fine IMO anyway for the past 6 to 8 months or so.
    08-29-2017 07:10 PM
    Free version. Not sure why it was killing the battery.

Charged quickly, as always, and am at 74%, 7 hours later
    08-29-2017 09:50 PM
    My battery has taken a dump and phone will shut off at 20%. Put it on the charger and it says charging at 02%. Same thing my m8 started doing.
    09-17-2017 07:15 PM
    My battery has taken a dump and phone will shut off at 20%. Put it on the charger and it says charging at 02%. Same thing my m8 started doing.
    Yeah the phone shutting down at 20% region was the death knell for my M8 too... I've had my phone for 12 months I'm dreading that time when my 10 starts exhibting that behaviour. Have you tried cache wipe in recovery?
    TheJediGoddess likes this.
    09-17-2017 10:08 PM
    This has started happening to me, I have had the phone 17 months. Yesterday I got to 20 percent, then it shut off and went into perpetual reset. Today 17 per cent until the same. My phone only lasts about 6 hours now before needing a recharge. It's abysmal...
    TheJediGoddess likes this.
    11-13-2017 04:24 PM
    Having the same issues with my phone. Battery will show 15%, drop to 10% and cut off. When I boot back up it'll show @ 4% or something. I'm also getting too much power consumption errors as well. My battery is crap.
    11-14-2017 09:47 AM
    Was having battery drain issues for ages. Could not figure it out. Finally I found an issue that if I went into Sync > Google, a lot of my apps were not syncing. Instead they would just show the spinning arrows forever and had not synced in quite a while. So I disabled all the sync and battery went back up to normal. I have been slowly turning back on my Sync (Gmail, Keep) and will see which one is causing the issue.

However, I ahve a feeling it is my Contacts Syncing, as there are a few issues with people having battery drain because of it. There was an app called Google Contacts Sync (Apps > Menu > Show System > Google Contacts Sync) and I cleared the data/cache on that app. I believe it was this app because it kept showing up as my Kernel being the battery drain, rather then Google Services Framework.

Anyway hopefully this helps someone
    02-21-2018 11:02 PM
    There ought to be a recall with this issue. I learned about it the hard way, buying a used HTC 10. Cosmetically in great shape. I thought I was all set... and then... this very same battery problem. At about 25% or less, phone abruptly shuts down and then goes into a repeating boot loop. Spent a whole weekend troubleshooting it -- wearing the battery down from 100%, slow charging, battery tests. The HTC Battery test showed the phone at 70% after 1 hour, which is TERRIBLE. My 4 year old One M8 goes down to 90% in 1 hour.

It sounds like it's some kind of battery fault. For a 2 year old phone, this should not be happening. I'm really shocked HTC allowed this to go on with no recall.
    04-09-2018 12:51 AM
    Unfortunately the way people idealise phones and they reality of a phones performance are two different things.

When I got my HTC M8 I thought I could play games on it all the time and charge and discharge to my heart's content, however in my ignorance I discovered within about 12-18 months that my phone usage behavior had damaged the battery life.

Now my current HTC 10 is 18 months old and it is STILL showing great battery life. That's because I don't really play games on it as much as I used to (I play games on my second device at home), and have used my knowledge of battery life saving tips to switch off most non essential services which can affect battery life performance.

Unfortunately it sucks, I know that there have been a lot of smartphone evolution/revolutions over the years but the one thing that has really upset me is the move away from removable batteries and this trend for slim phones. If we had larger phones with bigger batteries or removable batteries all this battery life anxiety experienced by users would be wiped out!
    venommob likes this.
    04-09-2018 03:42 AM
    Unfortunately the way people idealise phones and they reality of a phones performance are two different things.
    So True. Once people come to understand that Android is not perfect, and make certain adjustments/ concessions with features, only then will they have a smoother experience.

The argument of 'Turning it into a dumbphone' means nothing if you have all features enabled while watching the battery dissipate before your eyes, or %20+ battery drain overnight. That argument is akin to biting off your nose to spite your face.

I got my HTC 10 in March 2017, no battery problems after finding what exactly/ literally was killing my battery. Like you, a judicious blend of feature selection and careful app selection, and moderate use, gets my device through 2 days without a charge because my device also sleeps solidly in between usage points.

My pet peeve was my device draining madly overnight. I fixed it with some research.

What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-17-1-.jpg

What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?-17-4-.jpg

My 15 month-old HTC 10 sleeps like a baby now. For most, it's not battery failure, it's probably how the device is configured by the user.
    06-06-2018 08:33 AM
100 ... 234