What am I doing wrong with this battery on the HTC 10?

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Got a new unit because of screen issues. I did have the feeling the battery was doing somewhat better, finally lol. Curious to see how this new HTC 10 does. So far I'm happy with first day usage drain not being too bad ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Already getting better battery performance on this new unit straight out of the box!

Attachments

• 2924.jpg
    2924.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 135

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had two and both get pretty bad battery life. I tried giving it the benefit of the doubt at first but the verdict is in fit me at least. Drains too much in standby, and I struggle to get close to four hours sot. I lose 6-8% overnight.

radiogirl83

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got 4 hours sot for the first time without any effort. Not sure what I am doing differently with this unit...

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had two and both get pretty bad battery life. I tried giving it the benefit of the doubt at first but the verdict is in fit me at least. Drains too much in standby, and I struggle to get close to four hours sot. I lose 6-8% overnight.
I went from 80% to 29% overnight. What is happening with doze.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
From Shuyan on the M8 Forum, it WORKS GREAT!!!!:
used to have similar issues, where Google Play Services drains my battery, I then followed someone's advice to go to Settings > Applications > look for Google Play Services > Manage Storage > Clear All Data. It worked flawlessly for me and didn't affect anything else. Battery stopped draining. You may want to try at your own risks as I do not know what side effect it might cause to your phone. Good luck. ]

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall, hang on I will check it out...No, It says: All this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts,databases, etc. I did it, and had no issues at all. YMMV, but I have done it both on my M8 and my M10 with no apparent issues except longer battery life. All my data was still there, contacts, log ins, etc.

When you did this were you warned with a popup with a frightening notice? Loss of account data, etc.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall, hang on I will check it out...No, It says: All this app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts,databases, etc. I did it, and had no issues at all. YMMV, but I have done it both on my M8 and my M10 with no apparent issues except longer battery life. All my data was still there, contacts, log ins, etc.

I tried this out and it was the same result for me. More memory and better battery life without losing any contacts, files, etc.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not doing anything special on my t-mobile locked version. All radios on all the time etc. It's not as good as my s7 edge but it's not bad at all. One difference to the s7 is that it does not tell you as it optimizes battery usage for apps. You just need to trust that after some days it starts reducing battery usage on infrequently used apps.

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Dont know what I'm doing, either its not terrible but for a flagship I wanted and expected better.

For example on the Mi5 half an hours web browsing, which I like to do, only consumed about 3% of battery(Detailed Report of the Quick Charge 3.0 of Xiaomi Mi 5 - Xiaomi Mi 5/Pro - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum) whereas If I did this on the HTC 10 I'd be looking at 10%+ consumption it just sips battery when the screens on for me. Of course there are many factors contributing but even If I was sitting next to the Wifi router, it'd defintely consume a lot more than 3%.

If the Nexus is good and the battery is better, I'd jump ship for battery alone.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm not doing anything special on my t-mobile locked version. All radios on all the time etc. It's not as good as my s7 edge but it's not bad at all. One difference to the s7 is that it does not tell you as it optimizes battery usage for apps. You just need to trust that after some days it starts reducing battery usage on infrequently used apps.

on the NBR Forums they are talking about a bug in the WiFi driver on this phone that causes massive battery drain if WiFi is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36