Has anyone had any issues with automatic backup? I keep getting a message that it has been 3 days since my update and when I initiate it, it's just hung up on 1 of 1043, it's like it never advances. Anyone have a clue what might be going on?
    Attached Thumbnails Something Going on With Google Backup-2016-05-27-17.51.57.jpg  
    05-27-2016 01:54 PM
    In the last two weeks on my M9 I have had problems so it may be Google. I have had the 10 going on 3 weeks now and never set it up for use so can't say if it is problem with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-27-2016 02:18 PM
    Scroll down some more. Is "While charging only" turned on?
    05-27-2016 02:19 PM
    Scroll down some more. Is "While charging only" turned on?
    Backup while charging isn't turned on. I guess I should have also noted that it's Google Photos. I didn't realize until now that I left that off...dumb moment.
    05-27-2016 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I turned it on to backup on over wifi and cellular network and it started up and is running normally. I think I'm going to do some more investigating and see why it's not uploading on wifi.
    05-27-2016 02:46 PM
    Okay, so just curious:

On a PC, go to http://photos.google.com and log into your Google account. Are there any photos there? All of them? Some of them?

Also, can you please try temporarily disabling your cellular connection (set airplane mode and then turn Wi-Fi back on) and then try to browse a website to ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is actually functional?
    05-27-2016 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I turned it on to backup on over wifi and cellular network and it started up and is running normally. I think I'm going to do some more investigating and see why it's not uploading on wifi.
    Be careful about this; you could chew up a ton of cellular data if not careful...
    05-27-2016 02:52 PM
    Okay, so just curious:

On a PC, go to http://photos.google.com and log into your Google account. Are there any photos there? All of them? Some of them?

Also, can you please try temporarily disabling your cellular connection (set airplane mode and then turn Wi-Fi back on) and then try to browse a website to ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is actually functional?
    Yeah I'm there and there's the majority of them there and its uploading more. I'm actually starting to suspect if it's a firewall or something with my work wifi since that's what I'm connected to. It's functioning because I can open webpages and facebook. It's still weird though that it would try to backup on my home network.
    05-27-2016 02:54 PM
    I'm going to turn it off after it's done with this backup and I figure out if the issue is work wifi. I'm to try your recommendation about airplane mode and wifi when I get home and get on my wifi. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
    05-27-2016 02:56 PM
    Please be sure to let us know how you make out. Really curious to know the cause.
    05-27-2016 03:03 PM
    So going home and trying it out on my home network there's something up with photo backup. It won't back up on wifi, it hangs and as soon as I switch it to cellular, it starts right back up. I get the feeling this isn't a phone issue but an app issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-27-2016 05:39 PM