08-30-2017 10:19 AM
32 12
tools
    It's a mistake on HTC's part. The next thing they"ll do is start putting the speakers on the back.
    09-08-2016 12:22 PM
    HTC got rid of them boomsound front facing speakers. All them years we had decent speakers. M7, M8, M9 which had cameras that didn't compete with the competition.

As soon as they put a decent camera on their flagship, they give us speakers that are not that loud. Don't get me wrong the speakers on the 10 sound nice & sweet. But what's the point if the volume is low. This is a backward step. I'm sure that Apple's new iPhone 7's speakers are going to be loud, as apple are boasting about their stereo speakers.

Haven't heard the Axon 7 speakers yet but from what I've heard is that they're quite impressive. And now there's the Axon 7 mini that has the same speakers.

If my m8 was to die tomorrow. Then yes I'll be leaving HTC for the either the Axon 7 or the axon 7 mini. It's a shame because I prefer HTC over any other brand.

HTC killed something that made their phones stand out from the crowd. Dam even their new nexus phones are not going to have front facing stereo speakers.
    so u prefer loudness over quality? I'm assuming u don't have the 10 bc u referenced the m8, the 10 isn't quiet or low it's just not as in your face bc it's literally isn't 2 speakers in your face anymore. Why would u assume the iphone 7 will be loud, both of it's speakers are on the bottom whereas the 10 u still have 1 facing you? I assume the iphone7 will be louder than the 10 bc most cell phones push for louder speakers instead of quality speakers
    09-08-2016 02:20 PM
    the thing I don't understand about people complaining about the speakers are... if the ffs were so important why didn't y'all try to push more people to purchase the phone so htc would have a reason to try to keep them... they did away with them I imagine bc it wasn't really causing more people to purchase and they were trying to find their "next big thing". The same thing happened with the dual cameras, htc did away with them and now all these other phones are incorporating them
    09-08-2016 02:24 PM
    so u prefer loudness over quality? I'm assuming u don't have the 10 bc u referenced the m8, the 10 isn't quiet or low it's just not as in your face bc it's literally isn't 2 speakers in your face anymore. Why would u assume the iphone 7 will be loud, both of it's speakers are on the bottom whereas the 10 u still have 1 facing you? I assume the iphone7 will be louder than the 10 bc most cell phones push for louder speakers instead of quality speakers
    If I'm using the speakers, yeah, I prefer loudness over quality. It needs to be heard over all the ambient whatever in the room. Anyone caring for "quality" audio is going to use earbuds or an external speaker setup: the speaker drivers you can fit into a phone are only going to get so good due to design constraints.

I DO have the 10, it's quiet compared to the Axon 7. The bottom speaker faces the wrong way. The earpiece speaker is next to useless. It is relatively quiet at max volume, partially as a consequence of their new more generic speaker placement, and partially because of their different speaker selection.
    09-10-2016 07:08 PM
    I've known a number of people with the 10 tell me it's not loud enough. I agree totally. Wish HTC would do something about it.
    09-10-2016 08:05 PM
    I had the HTC 10 for 15 days but lost it. I came from the M8 and can't really say I loved the 10, to be honest.
    What do you guys think about going for the Axon 7 or the Axon 7 Mini?

Cheers
    08-12-2017 03:58 PM
    if you don't care about the camera the axon 7 is amazing.
    08-30-2017 10:19 AM
32 12