Verizon HTC 10 - When adding new contacts, how

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
When you click on People, there's a drop down menu if you click on Phonebook on the top left. From there, you should be able to uncheck everything but your Google account. Oops, I misunderstood your question! I thought you were asking how to have your contacts only from your Google account. :eek:

JN81

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
No problem. I just don't want to have to go into GMail to update my contacts every time. I'm coming from the Moto X Pure Edition where every time I entered in a new contact, it was defaulted to Google. I've had the HTC 10 for a month now and just realized it was only saving contacts to the phone.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh... Well, you definitely don't have to go into Gmail. When you create a new contact or save a phone number you've dialed, there's always an option to choose which account you save them to. Google is always included.

weepatc

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
When adding contacts in the People app. You can select which option you wish to use when saving contacts

38152edc1cf2a3834eecb9890807a40b.jpg

Last edited:

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
When adding contacts in the People app. You can select which option you wish to use when saving contacts

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160606/38152edc1cf2a3834eecb9890807a40b.jpg

OK, I see it says always save etc.... but it doesn't. Every time I have to change it to google from phone. For some reason I think this is a recent update change because I thought it was defaulted to google.

Can anyone please tell me how to change default to google.

Thank you very much.

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
has anyone figured this out yet? Thanks again. This is driving me crazy. Have to change everytime I add a contact. It will not default to google. Not that I can find as of yet anyway.

Thank you very much.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
has anyone figured this out yet? Thanks again. This is driving me crazy. Have to change everytime I add a contact. It will not default to google. Not that I can find as of yet anyway.

Thank you very much.

Mine default's to Google but maybe that's because I'm only using my Google contacts in the People app?

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
that was the first thing I did and still it defaults to phone and not google.

I have been trying to answer this for weeks, but have been unable to to on my phone. It showed me logged in, but would not let me post from mobile app. But that is another thread...LOL

seriously, I am at a total lost as to why it keeps defaulting to phone and not google....

Anyone have a new idea?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So when you go to add a new contact and click 'type', choose your Google account, and then try to add another contact, it doesn't default to Google the next time? Also, when I click on 'Contacts to display', I have mine set on 'By account', and only have 1 Google account checked. If you've done all of that and it still doesn't default to Google, I'm not sure what to say!

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Holz, thanks for the reply. Have done all that and each time it defaults to phone and not Google. I am so stumped by this.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an HTC 10 as well? From what I remember with older non-Nexus/Pixel phones, there's no way to change the default account -- you just always have to remember to select the account you want when entering a new contact into the Contacts app. I find it generally easier to enter the contacts into Google Contacts on my computer browser, and letting them sync automatically to my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae