All,

Just want to know if any T-Mobile HTC 10 users are frustrated with the lack of updates on this phone. We are still on the original firmware with the bad camera.

I'm looking into flashing this into the US unlocked so I can get updated firmware when it comes out.
    06-13-2016 09:46 AM
    Have you tried T-Mobile help on twitter?
    06-13-2016 09:55 AM
    It's not a "bad camera". It will get fixed. Carriers are slower releasing updates and that is not necessarily a bad thing.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    06-13-2016 10:09 AM
    Waiting on a camera to get fixed a month after launch is not something people want to do after spending $700 on a phone.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-13-2016 12:09 PM
    Waiting on a camera to get fixed a month after launch is not something people want to do after spending $700 on a phone.
    The camera on mine works fine. I do see some areas that could use improvement.
    06-13-2016 12:13 PM
    All,

Just want to know if any T-Mobile HTC 10 users are frustrated with the lack of updates on this phone. We are still on the original firmware with the bad camera.

I'm looking into flashing this into the US unlocked so I can get updated firmware when it comes out.
    The issue is the carrier if you bought the phone unlocked you have the new update which iCarly just update my phone. And I have the unlocked HTC 10 using it on AT&T

Posted via the Android Central App
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    06-13-2016 12:31 PM
    Yeah, I'm looking on XDA forums now on how to switch my phone to the US unlocked.
    06-13-2016 03:35 PM
    I'm on T-mobile and had a few updates yesterday. The camera was one of them. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but it did come.
    06-13-2016 03:35 PM
    you talking bout the HTC apps...I'm talking about the firmware.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-13-2016 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm looking on XDA forums now on how to switch my phone to the US unlocked.
    I did that just days after getting it 3 weeks ago, if you do the whole process it will cost you $25 to have the S-off, but knowing me and knowing that if in order to get the phone I needed to ask for it because they weren't even on display, I knew that besides Samsung and maybe LG right now, buying a carrier phone will mean no updates for long months (if ever) after they are available for the Unlocked versions.

I got mine with the Jump ON Demand program so I'm paying it easily on a monthly basis, now I have a Full US Unlocked version just like if I bought it directly from HTC, and I'm ready to install version 1.80.617.1 that I just downloaded, while the carrier version doesn't even have an update from 2 months ago.
    Nutzer likes this.
    06-13-2016 06:32 PM
    If you weren't happy with the camera when you bought the phone you should have returned the phone. There is no reasonable expectation that a software update is going to make a camera go from "bad" to "great".
    06-13-2016 07:25 PM
    I'm on T-mobile and had a few updates yesterday. The camera was one of them. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but it did come.
    Huh? You mean Google play store update or carrier update? I've been on the news for any updates since I brought my phone. Nothing.
    06-13-2016 08:47 PM
    Kevin,

Which is why I'm yearning for the firmware upgrade. It is supposed to fix all the slow focus and flairs that was documented and fixed with the latest update. I'm not talking bout the camera app...talking bout the firmware.
    06-15-2016 09:15 AM
    I did that just days after getting it 3 weeks ago, if you do the whole process it will cost you $25 to have the S-off, but knowing me and knowing that if in order to get the phone I needed to ask for it because they weren't even on display, I knew that besides Samsung and maybe LG right now, buying a carrier phone will mean no updates for long months (if ever) after they are available for the Unlocked versions.

I got mine with the Jump ON Demand program so I'm paying it easily on a monthly basis, now I have a Full US Unlocked version just like if I bought it directly from HTC, and I'm ready to install version 1.80.617.1 that I just downloaded, while the carrier version doesn't even have an update from 2 months ago.
    I'm strongly considering it. May wait another week or two and see if T-Mobile updates it.
    06-15-2016 09:17 AM
    I'm strongly considering it. May wait another week or two and see if T-Mobile updates it.
    Something else to consider is that if you go to the "unlocked image" right now, because there is no T-Mobile stock version to flash back to (called an RUU) you are unable to return the phone to the condition in which it is in right now. I'm not sure how this would impact one's ability to jump again in the future, but it's why I haven't converted mine yet. Once a TMO RUU is out, I probably will.
    06-15-2016 03:06 PM
    Try tweeting @askdes. He sometimes has good information.
    06-15-2016 03:14 PM
    Something else to consider is that if you go to the "unlocked image" right now, because there is no T-Mobile stock version to flash back to (called an RUU) you are unable to return the phone to the condition in which it is in right now. I'm not sure how this would impact one's ability to jump again in the future, but it's why I haven't converted mine yet. Once a TMO RUU is out, I probably will.
    In XDA HTC 10 forum page, there is actually backups of the Tmobile image out there. So you can definitely convert back if you wanted to.
    06-15-2016 03:30 PM