Some Thoughts on switching from S7 Edge to HTC 10

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Walking through the local mall yesterday, I stopped by T-Mobile and saw an HTC 10 on display. After checking it out I decided, what the heck, I'll give it a try. I really had no reason to swap out my phone, because I was really enjoying my S7 EDGE. Initially I was drawn to the build quality, but I have to say, there's something very honest about this device. The craftsmanship, the attention to detail, and the crispness of the user interface is what I love about this phone so far. I'm not really into comparing phones because all the flagship phones are great in their own right, and I feel each phone should be judged on its own merit, but I can see why this is among the very best. It's still very early, but I'm impressed so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well-put. "Honest" is a good way to describe it. It seems they really thought about the user experience. When you strip away the marketing and just feel your way around the phones, the 10 strikes me as a smarter device.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Well-put. "Honest" is a good way to describe it. It seems they really thought about the user experience. When you strip away the marketing and just feel your way around the phones, the 10 strikes me as a smarter device.

"Smarter device"! I really liked that. It totally is the smarter device. And as a total package, it is the best option(TOTAL meaning hardware, software and services). In my opinion, NOTHING beats it.

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Up until this phone my favorite was the note 5. The 10 is just an all around clean design. From the menus to the app drawer and the physical design. I have always used Nova with Android. The sense UI is awesome and you can theme the crap out of. I like that you can download several themes and slap together a theme based on all the things you liked from the other themes.

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I feel that Samsung phones are so over done and built.

HTC 10 feels like a Nexus device to o me. I had a moto X 2014.

Just wish verizon was faster with updates.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I agree, sometimes less is more...I definitely feel that way with the 10 so far

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It is definitely closer to stock Android than the S7.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It is definitely closer to stock Android than the S7.

Samsung phones are the most bloated amongst any Android phone. You get double everything...S Notes, Samsung Contacts, Samsung app store, Google Account + Samsung Account login... sheeeshhh, no wonder why their phones lag so much despite superior hardware....that, and TouchWiz, ewww

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung phones are the most bloated amongst any Android phone. You get double everything...S Notes, Samsung Contacts, Samsung app store, Google Account + Samsung Account login... sheeeshhh, no wonder why their phones lag so much despite superior hardware....that, and TouchWiz, ewww

I don't see any lag on mine .. It runs pretty snappy like most phones now a days. I also use Google Now launcher so the default launcher on phones (Touchwiz, sense, etc.) doesn't bother me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Are you talking about personal lag experience on the s7? Mine runs pretty smooth.

Also with the s7, you can disable just about any package with pdp,something that you can't do on stock Android without root or adb.

TouchWiz is Samsung's whole interface, like it or not. They pushed the fps, multi window functionality, and widgets in the notification bar pull down, which did come back later to stock Android . If it is a color /scheme thing then you can easily install another theme.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Are you talking about personal lag experience on the s7? Mine runs pretty smooth.

Also with the s7, you can disable just about any package with pdp,something that you can't do on stock Android without root or adb.

TouchWiz is Samsung's whole interface, like it or not. They pushed the fps, multi window functionality, and widgets in the notification bar pull down, which did come back later to stock Android . If it is a color /scheme thing then you can easily install another theme.

to be honest, they have improved it a LOT since the Galaxy S6/6 edge+ but it isn't as smooth as stock Android like on the Nexus 6P or HTC 10. I have owned them all so I am not just bashing blindly, just talking about personal experience.

The lag only happens once I've loaded all my apps and whatnot but I wish Samsung would do what HTC does as in, provide us with a more pure Android like experience.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
to be honest, they have improved it a LOT since the Galaxy S6/6 edge+ but it isn't as smooth as stock Android like on the Nexus 6P or HTC 10. I have owned them all so I am not just bashing blindly, just talking about personal experience.

dpham has had both as well so he knows ;).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
dpham has had both as well so he knows ;).

I also have both and I already have posted my experiences and opinions to him/her and others in other thread here, they keep saying the same in every thread comparing the S7 and the HTC 10, talking about lag even when everybody with both phones tell them that's not true, funny thing is that the ones claiming the same, don't have an S7/S7 edge or are talking from past experiences with previous Samsung phones or their only experiences has been on a store display.

But when things are like that, there's not much to do about it.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A very honest review - I like it. I agree with you: all flagships should be compared in their own right and all have their own merits. What makes them unique is how they would all fit our individual, day to day experiences. Enjoy your HTC 10!

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I always see touch wiz this touch wiz that. If I want a more vanilla Android phone I won't buy a samsung. That is not what samsung is about at all. They want to pack on the features and that is what they do. I just feel that complaining about touch wiz being there to much is like buying an iPhone and complaining that you can't customize it.

You know what you are getting into when you buy a samsung. That being said I don't have personal experience with the s7/s7 edge. Everyone I know that has one loves it. My note 5 was a spectacular device.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I always see touch wiz this touch wiz that. If I want a more vanilla Android phone I won't buy a samsung. That is not what samsung is about at all. They want to pack on the features and that is what they do. I just feel that complaining about touch wiz being there to much is like buying an iPhone and complaining that you can't customize it.

You know what you are getting into when you buy a samsung. That being said I don't have personal experience with the s7/s7 edge. Everyone I know that has one loves it. My note 5 was a spectacular device.

Coming from the s7edge I can say that I've never had any issues with touchwiz, lag, or anything like that. It's a phenomenal device, that has a superb build quality. Again, as I said in my original post, I don't like comparing devices, each are good in their own right. I feel that HTC made a phone that is so well rounded, and gives the user a we'll thought out device.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Walking through the local mall yesterday, I stopped by T-Mobile and saw an HTC 10 on display. After checking it out I decided, what the heck, I'll give it a try. I really had no reason to swap out my phone, because I was really enjoying my S7 EDGE. Initially I was drawn to the build quality, but I have to say, there's something very honest about this device. The craftsmanship, the attention to detail, and the crispness of the user interface is what I love about this phone so far. I'm not really into comparing phones because all the flagship phones are great in their own right, and I feel each phone should be judged on its own merit, but I can see why this is among the very best. It's still very early, but I'm impressed so far.

Agreed. I also switched from the S7 Edge and got the HTC 10. So far, I am liking it a lot more than the S7.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Coming from the s7edge I can say that I've never had any issues with touchwiz, lag, or anything like that. It's a phenomenal device, that has a superb build quality. Again, as I said in my original post, I don't like comparing devices, each are good in their own right. I feel that HTC made a phone that is so well rounded, and gives the user a we'll thought out device.

I loved my note 5 and didn't mind touchwiz at all. I have to agree that the 10 is a all around solid device. The wow factor for me is the whole experience when using the phone for me that is what matters.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I loved my note 5 and didn't mind touchwiz at all. I have to agree that the 10 is a all around solid device. The wow factor for me is the whole experience when using the phone for me that is what matters.

Swagglepuff, that's a great point, it's how the device make YOU feel when using it. Not online reviews or YouTube videos, but how we enjoy the phone while in our hands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800