I have an iPhone SE 64 GB Space Grey that I love so much for its size and 2-3 day battery life and I have my HTC 10. I love each phone in its own way, I love Android for not having to use iTunes to copy my music photos, it's much simpler to just plug and play and copy stuff to it as if it was a normal drive. I like the HTC 10's camera more obviously, but when I hold my iPhone SE I miss it again and how I never have to worry about charging it and love its size.....I am really torn between the two and maybe at this point I need someone to tell me which one to use.......
    06-17-2016 04:40 PM
    It sounds like the SE makes you happier...
    06-17-2016 04:54 PM
    It sounds like the SE makes you happier...
    my iPhone SE has been idle for 2 hours and it's still @ 100% battery. That I could never have on the HTC 10, leaning more towards the SE now...
    06-17-2016 06:51 PM
    So, what are your priorities when selecting a phone?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-17-2016 08:44 PM
    Depends what matters to you. Does battery idle matter that much or is it just nice? My S7 Edge gets good life but if it ever gets low I have chargers around work, the house, and the car. The quick charge makes it really easy to get a good amount in 20-30 minutes.

So as said.. What do you want? Is battery life the utter most important.. Or is that nice and you'd prefer things with Android?
    Snappy Phoenix and libra89 like this.
    06-17-2016 10:12 PM
    my iPhone SE has been idle for 2 hours and it's still @ 100% battery. That I could never have on the HTC 10, leaning more towards the SE now...
    No disrespect, but I never understood this argument. If you can plug your phone in for just an hour, once a day, the battery on the 10 isn't an issue. I've had it run for 30 hours without charge. I can think of few times in my life where I was away from electricity for more than 30 hours.
    Snappy Phoenix and vamp07 like this.
    06-17-2016 10:57 PM
    So, what are your priorities when selecting a phone?
    1) Battery

2) Camera

3) I prefer Android than iOS
    06-18-2016 02:28 AM
    1) Battery

2) Camera

3) I prefer Android than iOS
    1) Sounds like the SE does better in this area for you.

2) This is pretty close. You can argue the S7/HTC/iPhone all day but at the end it comes down to preference since they're all usually close and slack in certain areas.

3) Then I would choose Android. I prefer Android and stay with it .. I could use iPhone but why? If #1 is a factory .. Quick Charge solved that for me. iPhones don't have that. Anytime I have been in need of battery I drive to where I am going and plug into my QC charger and get 20-30 (or more) % before I am there and I am fine.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-18-2016 03:26 AM
    1) Sounds like the SE does better in this area for you.

2) This is pretty close. You can argue the S7/HTC/iPhone all day but at the end it comes down to preference since they're all usually close and slack in certain areas.

3) Then I would choose Android. I prefer Android and stay with it .. I could use iPhone but why? If #1 is a factory .. Quick Charge solved that for me. iPhones don't have that. Anytime I have been in need of battery I drive to where I am going and plug into my QC charger and get 20-30 (or more) % before I am there and I am fine.
    I agree with this post.

The iPhone SE may have better battery life but the quick charge on the 10 should also be a factor.

Camera is just so hard. We are lucky now in where the camera quality is so good for all these phones.

Android vs iOS. Good and bad with both. This is just personal preference here.
    06-18-2016 05:52 AM
    Also, I appreciate this thread because I have been looking at the SE for a while now. The main reason is the size of the phone but I know I would miss the audio quality from my 10.
    libra89 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    06-18-2016 05:53 AM
    No disrespect, but I never understood this argument. If you can plug your phone in for just an hour, once a day, the battery on the 10 isn't an issue. I've had it run for 30 hours without charge. I can think of few times in my life where I was away from electricity for more than 30 hours.
    I completely agree. Given how quick it charges I find most threads complaining about the battery as exaggerated. Yes the s7 last a little longer but neither phone is going to get you through a day of heavy use. In my experience the 10 charges faster but both recharge really fast with the right charger.
    B0WIE likes this.
    06-19-2016 04:41 PM
    I completely agree. Given how quick it charges I find most threads complaining about the battery as exaggerated. Yes the s7 last a little longer but neither phone is going to get you through a day of heavy use. In my experience the 10 charges faster but both recharge really fast with the right charger.
    The S7 lasts longer? Are you kidding me? I had to charge that phone thrice a day I had it with the same exact apps I have on the HTC 10. The argument here is between the iPhone SE. I'll never use a Samsung phone ever due to their horrible standby time.

Those people saying they get good battery life from the S7 / S7 edge must have no aps and turn off every feature of their phone.
    06-19-2016 05:05 PM
    The S7 lasts longer? Are you kidding me? I had to charge that phone thrice a day I had it with the same exact apps I have on the HTC 10. The argument here is between the iPhone SE. I'll never use a Samsung phone ever due to their horrible standby time.

Those people saying they get good battery life from the S7 / S7 edge must have no aps and turn off every feature of their phone.
    Very untrue. I have only disabled the T-Mobile bloat and S-Voice. That is it -- and my battery is fine. Please remember that battery life can vary greatly from person to person since none of us use our phones the same and also don't live in the same area where networks factor into life.

I have never been about disabling everything. I want my phone to be a smartphone -- not a dumb one .
    06-20-2016 09:25 AM
    Very untrue. I have only disabled the T-Mobile bloat and S-Voice. That is it -- and my battery is fine. Please remember that battery life can vary greatly from person to person since none of us use our phones the same and also don't live in the same area where networks factor into life.

I have never been about disabling everything. I want my phone to be a smartphone -- not a dumb one .
    I have absolutely everything turned on on my S7 and no problems. I used to use tasker to turn stuff on and off based on location and or charging and that was a waste of time. These devices do a great job of self managing. Same applies to my m10. Just leave all radios on all the time. I can get a little more battery life by not doing this and not using location services as some here recommend? Maybe but it's not worth the hassle or lost functionality.
    06-20-2016 09:37 AM
    I have absolutely everything turned on on my S7 and no problems. I used to use tasker to turn stuff on and off based on location and or charging and that was a waste of time. These devices do a great job of self managing. Same applies to my m10. Just leave all radios on all the time. I can get a little more battery life by not doing this and not using location services as some here recommend? Maybe but it's not worth the hassle or lost functionality.
    So I have finally decided to keep the iPhone SE and sell the HTC 10, reason being, I was expecting a bit more from the HTC 10's camera but it is very difficult to get a good shot despite it having OIS on both the front and rear camera, every shot is a hit or miss, I find myself having to take 3 to 4 shots before getting a decent photo that doesn't look shaky despite me trying to stand still while taking the shot. Then comes the super iPhone SE battery life so the positives of the iPhone SE, small form factor which I prefer and easier to use camera as most shots with the iPhone SE look good (granted you don't zoom in on the photo then the noise appears)
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-20-2016 05:07 PM
    I agree the camera on the 10 is disappointing. Does anybody know if any of the HTC updates significantly improve the camera?
    06-20-2016 06:58 PM
    So I have finally decided to keep the iPhone SE and sell the HTC 10, reason being, I was expecting a bit more from the HTC 10's camera but it is very difficult to get a good shot despite it having OIS on both the front and rear camera, every shot is a hit or miss, I find myself having to take 3 to 4 shots before getting a decent photo that doesn't look shaky despite me trying to stand still while taking the shot. Then comes the super iPhone SE battery life so the positives of the iPhone SE, small form factor which I prefer and easier to use camera as most shots with the iPhone SE look good (granted you don't zoom in on the photo then the noise appears)
    Enjoy your phone .
    06-20-2016 10:09 PM
    Well, glad you found out which device to keep. Like I have mentioned before I am in a similar situation but I'll hold onto my 10.

The audio is just too good to move away from with the htc 10. Battery life has been really good as well. The camera isn't the best out there but it's still really really good. Don't forget the hi res audio recording too. A lot of phones skip out on audio recording.
    06-20-2016 10:55 PM