RSAP support in HTC 10

coyzer

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently use a HTC M8, and it's beginning to get tired. I'm very happy with HTC UI, so obvious upgrade is to a 10. Does the HTC 10 support RSAP as I need this for full Bluetooth functionality in my car. Google search didn't come up with conclusive answer.
Thanks

donnyhat55

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I use my HTC 10 on bluetooth in my truck and my wife's car all the time, no problems with either. I use it for voice, text and streaming all the time. Not sure what RSAP is , but hope that answers your question.

coyzer

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Donny, RSAP is remote SIM access protocol, where phone allows car to take over virtual control of the SIM. The car then has a virtual SIM in the car and utilises the Ariel etc. Used by VW/Audi and some other manufacturers. Allows me Google Maps in my VW.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Donny, RSAP is remote SIM access protocol, where phone allows car to take over virtual control of the SIM. The car then has a virtual SIM in the car and utilises the Ariel etc. Used by VW/Audi and some other manufacturers. Allows me Google Maps in my VW.

Well, since you have a VW, you can use Google Maps through Android Auto. It works really well.

coyzer

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, since you have a VW, you can use Google Maps through Android Auto. It works really well.
I have the Touareg SUV and it doesn't support Android auto on the in-built infotainment system. I could use the phone as standalone but my M8 supports RSAP and I'm hoping the 10 does also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR