Better sound quality through headphone jack: HTC 10 or iPhone 6s ?

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I own both phones. The HTC 10 on all counts and it isn't even close. I was really surprised, as I previously thought the iPhone was the gold standard, and it is excellent, but the HTC 10 is on a different level.

Thats awsome!!!!!!!omg because the s7 I have RN sounds like crap, and I loved the sound on the Iphone 6s and was considering switching back but now I might just pick up the 10. How is the loudness as I love to listen to loud music! Off topic question: How do the blacks and whites look compared to the s7 with the super LCD display?

Also how is the audio compared to the G5 (without the DAC)

Last edited:

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually switched from the 6s to the htc 10. The htc 10 is louder than the 6s with boomsound on but not when its off. The sound quality is great on both but the audio presets on the 6s definitely gives it an edge since i can't find a good equalizer for android. That is for the headphone jack now if you are using bluetooth, the iphone is definitely louder and better quality. Either way you cant go wrong with either phone as these are the best you can get for listening to music. Trust me I also had a galaxy s5 before the 6s and it sounded like cassete quality compared to my old htc one m7.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats awsome!!!!!!!omg because the s7 I have RN sounds like crap, and I loved the sound on the Iphone 6s and was considering switching back but now I might just pick up the 10. How is the loudness as I love to listen to loud music! Off topic question: How do the blacks and whites look compared to the s7 with the super LCD display?

Also how is the audio compared to the G5 (without the DAC)

the loudness is great it's really loud and the whites and blacks are really good as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The 10 is loud enough that, if you need something louder, you're either deaf or will be soon. Even with high ohm headphones, it's loud.
Sound quality is very accurate. If you use good headphones or earbuds, you likely won't need any eq or boomsound (which I feel muck up the quality).

If you like high res music, Neutron player is great for that and the 10 is good enough that you can hear the difference in quality.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The best way I found to listen to music on this device. Is to shell out the money for great headphones. Take the time to download music files in a lossless format (flac) is solid one. Also it destroys the 6s, I have both and it's a no question winner.

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I use ear buds I'll probably buy some HI RES ear buds when i get it.

How is the brightness of the screen compared to the competition?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I use ear buds I'll probably buy some HI RES ear buds when i get it.

How is the brightness of the screen compared to the competition?

I don't have any issues with the screen brightness. I leave mine between 25-50% both inside and outside. I can see it just fine. There have been complaints about viewing angles with polarized sunglasses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20