New HTC 10.. A few questions

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just unboxed my shiny Gold 10 yesterday.. and so far.. I love it, Not quite sure how HTC managed to pull off awesome audio with the odd Speaker placements, but.. it works and Its good :)

But I have a few questions:

-It appears that HTC have done away with their old Music app (which i loved) and gone for Play Music, but when I added some WMA tracks to my SDCard in JRiver.. Play Music has deleted them from my phone.. the SDCard works fine and I formatted the SDCard in the 10, but it seems as if play music wants everything on the cloud.. Can anyone advise me please on playing my own music?

- Cant seem to find a File Manager in the 10, even HTCs own is gone

- How do I Customise Quick Settings in pull down Notification Panel

Thanks for the help

I do love this phoe though :)

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you'd like to use Play Music, you can find your library in the drop down menu on the left. I miss the HTC Music as well, but I've found that the Shuttle Music app is pretty great! As for the file manager, you can download the HTC One or something like ES Explorer from the Play Store. And the drop down menu... It's disabled in Marshmallow. :-(

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you'd like to use Play Music, you can find your library in the drop down menu on the left. I miss the HTC Music as well, but I've found that the Shuttle Music app is pretty great! As for the file manager, you can download the HTC One or something like ES Explorer from the Play Store. And the drop down menu... It's disabled in Marshmallow. :-(
HTC File Manager is available from the App Store. I just downloaded Shuttle Music App and I like it, almost as much as the original HTC app. You can download the Gallery App too (APK links in other threads) but it won't let you save any edits......

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Ok I copied my music after setting up my 10, but it appears you have to set up Play Music first (account details and settings THEN copy your music to your SD.. dont ask me why, most likely their music cloud settings.. but its working now.. so thanks for the advice about the menu :) .. Im also enjoying the 3 month free offer from HTC :)

HTC File Manager is available from the App Store. I just downloaded Shuttle Music App and I like it, almost as much as the original HTC app. You can download the Gallery App too (APK links in other threads) but it won't let you save any edits......

Yep, grabbed the file manager.. thanks.... Ill take a look at SHuffle too.. Hmmm I quite like Google Gallery and its working fine for me.. no issues.. but we'll see how that goes..

Also, It turns out that HTC or Google have even disabled "System UI Tuner" (hidden menu in MM... so, no.. you cant even edit quick settings yet.. again.. silly desicion

Thanks again for the tips.. Appreciated :)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
If you go into settings then storage. Select phone storage. Scroll down and the second to last option is explore. That's how was able to get into the files on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I run Poweramp for my music. I like the list options alot better and sound quality was better thanks to having proper equalizer and such. Old HTC music app always listed some albums in alphabetical order due to my tags being off in some of those. Sadly there was never a way to fix that in app and sort differently. So I left stock app behind back with my Droid DNA

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I run Poweramp for my music. I like the list options alot better and sound quality was better thanks to having proper equalizer and such. Old HTC music app always listed some albums in alphabetical order due to my tags being off in some of those. Sadly there was never a way to fix that in app and sort differently. So I left stock app behind back with my Droid DNA

When I tried power amp it duplicated every single song and I had 132 unidentified songs. With Google play everything is listed under my library. Also seeing how you can tweak the boom sound to your hearing. Is an equalizer necessary?

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
When I tried power amp it duplicated every single song and I had 132 unidentified songs. With Google play everything is listed under my library. Also seeing how you can tweak the boom sound to your hearing. Is an equalizer necessary?

Ive never had issue with Poweramp listing songs. And Ive used it on all my phones prior. Sounds like folder selection issue more than anything else. Biggest reason I ditched HTCs app was song listings where you couldnt adjust sorting options the way I needed.

And I run without boom sound tweaking cause it didnt sound as good despite trying to recalibrate a few different times. Ticking the 24k output with headphones sounds a ton better than anything less regardless of the actual file type etc.

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it will work best for you but I now only use the Amazon Music App (and Widget) for all playback. It was not always the case but I'm happy to report (at least under the new version of the app) you can load all your personal music right off your SD card. NOTE: You do have to set that location manually (under config, "Downloading", "Storage Location") . I use this app all the time and found it plus my personal audio profile under my HTC 10's Boomsound equals my dream audioscape. I've always loved the attention that HTC gives to music lovers.

-Rob
Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have both FX File Explorer, and the HTC version installed along with Poweramp (which is very good). I dropped ES File Explorer after being appraised that it was spyware/malware. I like FX very much, and paid for the root unlocker. Enjoy the M10.

Just unboxed my shiny Gold 10 yesterday.. and so far.. I love it, Not quite sure how HTC managed to pull off awesome audio with the odd Speaker placements, but.. it works and Its good :)

But I have a few questions:

-It appears that HTC have done away with their old Music app (which i loved) and gone for Play Music, but when I added some WMA tracks to my SDCard in JRiver.. Play Music has deleted them from my phone.. the SDCard works fine and I formatted the SDCard in the 10, but it seems as if play music wants everything on the cloud.. Can anyone advise me please on playing my own music?

- Cant seem to find a File Manager in the 10, even HTCs own is gone

- How do I Customise Quick Settings in pull down Notification Panel

Thanks for the help

I do love this phoe though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12