Fingerprint issue

alfe67

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

After upgrading to 1.80. 401.1 I sometimes have to use pin code to unlock the phone from sleep. Before upgrade I only used fingerprint.

I have the international version HTC 10.

Anyone else with the same problem?

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Im on Verizon and mine will occasionally require a PIN. Maybe once every 2 or 3 days. Not sure the reasoning but never bothered me.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I feel it is an extra security measure. I know that after I think 8 hours of not unlocking an iPhone with your finger print. You are required to use your pin code to unlock it. I honestly don't mind the occasional pin entry.

Posted via the Android Central App

Julio Cardozo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
If it's from sleep (as in just pushing the on button) it shouldn't require it, just restart the phone. If it's from after turning on the phone completely, it requires it for added security.

Posted via the Android Central App

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen too many issues responding to fingerprints but I will say high humidity can sometimes slow you down. I haven't found anything that a quick cloth cleaning didn't fix but in sunny (and humid) Florida it doesn't hurt to keep things clean and code a couple extra fingers just in case. Overall, I'm sure the A9 and HTC 10 both have nice quick and responsive readers. I'm curious how things will perform going from season to season.

-Rob
Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.