Ok, so being a huge HTC fan, I pre ordered the 10, and was pumped to receive it. It's a great phone. It just didn't blow me away as much as I hoped. I enjoyed using it, it's quick, software is great, feels good, etc. The screen was only meh. And I'm sorry but the camera is still below the standard. (Yes I had the update). I'm not a RAW shooter, and I don't process them on my laptop. Strictly as a point and shoot, it's average. Still a great phone, but I was really hoping for improvements in those areas. I actually loved having off screen buttons. I sold it, and picked up the 6p. In my opinion, much cheaper, but all around better phone. Better/bigger/brighter screen, better camera, just as fast, a little big in the pocket, but for almost half of the cost (got it for $350), I missed nothing from the 10. Dropped it after 3 weeks and cracked the screen, and when I took it to be fixed, the guy offered to buy it. Ended up leaving with 6s plus. I know, I know, it's the devil. Please don't hunt me down and string me up, but it's a great phone. Feels good, screen is surprisingly good for LCD, fast, camera takes better photos than the 10. (I'm putting my body armor on now). I wouldn't spend $850 on one, but is a solid phone. Still adjusting to the OS, and keep looking for the back button, but all of the Apple apps are in a folder, and I am still utilizing all my Google services. (Calendar, mail, photos, chrome, play music, maps). I miss Google now (only usable in the google app), and now on tap. Little things like pulling down notifications to pause an audio book, instead of having to go back into the app are annoying, and no widgets, but I'm surprised to find I enjoy the phone. Just being able to iMessage again and not miss half of the group texts is nice. Don't know how long I will stay, (New Nexus right around the corner), but not a horrible experience. I like using an iPhone. I'm moving my family into a safe house as soon as I post this-
    06-30-2016 07:16 AM
    Ok, so being a huge HTC fan, I pre ordered the 10, and was pumped to receive it. It's a great phone. It just didn't blow me away as much as I hoped. I enjoyed using it, it's quick, software is great, feels good, etc. The screen was only meh. And I'm sorry but the camera is still below the standard. (Yes I had the update). I'm not a RAW shooter, and I don't process them on my laptop. Strictly as a point and shoot, it's average. Still a great phone, but I was really hoping for improvements in those areas. I actually loved having off screen buttons. I sold it, and picked up the 6p. In my opinion, much cheaper, but all around better phone. Better/bigger/brighter screen, better camera, just as fast, a little big in the pocket, but for almost half of the cost (got it for $350), I missed nothing from the 10. Dropped it after 3 weeks and cracked the screen, and when I took it to be fixed, the guy offered to buy it. Ended up leaving with 6s plus. I know, I know, it's the devil. Please don't hunt me down and string me up, but it's a great phone. Feels good, screen is surprisingly good for LCD, fast, camera takes better photos than the 10. (I'm putting my body armor on now). I wouldn't spend $850 on one, but is a solid phone. Still adjusting to the OS, and keep looking for the back button, but all of the Apple apps are in a folder, and I am still utilizing all my Google services. (Calendar, mail, photos, chrome, play music, maps). I miss Google now (only usable in the google app), and now on tap. Little things like pulling down notifications to pause an audio book, instead of having to go back into the app are annoying, and no widgets, but I'm surprised to find I enjoy the phone. Just being able to iMessage again and not miss half of the group texts is nice. Don't know how long I will stay, (New Nexus right around the corner), but not a horrible experience. I like using an iPhone. I'm moving my family into a safe house as soon as I post this-
    I sold my HTC 10 as well and went back to my iPhone SE which gives me what I want, superb battery life (2 days easily with moderate usage) and a camera that just works. With the HTC 10, I would have to stand really still and even then, it's a hit or miss to get a properly focused pic, they all look grainy to me and yes I did have the latest updates. The battery life on the HTC 10 and Samsung S7 sucks as well. it's like doze isn't doing anything. I miss the days of my Note 4 on Kit Kat where I could get 2 days of moderate usage easily. Ever since lollipop, on every device I've used be it a Nexus 6P, Galaxy S7, or HTC 10, the battery sucks. Standby time is horrible despite me closing all the apps and turning off any location and background refresh. With the iPhone (mind you I prefer Android), even if you have the apps in the background they don't suck your battery like no tomorrow.
    06-30-2016 08:37 AM
    My only problem so far, I can't seem to find the Android Central app in iTunes.
    06-30-2016 09:20 AM
    My only problem so far, I can't seem to find the Android Central app in iTunes.
    Apple doesn't allow android central app on their phones.
    06-30-2016 10:44 AM
    Apple doesn't allow android central app on their phones.
    I know, was kidding
    06-30-2016 10:57 AM
    To each your own, I guess. I do know two buddies that have the iPhone 6s Plus that have to bend their screens to even get them to work sometimes....and they both keep them in bulky cases.
    06-30-2016 07:20 PM
    I sold my 10 and got the OnePlus. The 10 was a great device but signal issues were the problem for me. With the OP3 I have no signal issues at all. Sad to go because I loved the phone but it had to be done.
    06-30-2016 07:39 PM
    To each your own, I guess. I do know two buddies that have the iPhone 6s Plus that have to bend their screens to even get them to work sometimes....and they both keep them in bulky cases.
    I can't imagine that I will stay away from Android long. I have a bit of a phone addiction, just pleasantly surprised. Haven't used an iPhone in 4 years.
    06-30-2016 09:42 PM
    I can't imagine that I will stay away from Android long. I have a bit of a phone addiction, just pleasantly surprised. Haven't used an iPhone in 4 years.
    I completely know where you're coming from. I have been on a 6s Plus since December, after mostly using Android for about 5 years. Once I got used to it, it was a pretty great phone. And actually something I've enjoyed using for most of the time I've had it. This is the longest I've had one phone since the Nexus 5. But now the little niggles with iOS are rearing their ugly heads and I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with iOS and Apple. And I don't see me riding the Apple train for the long haul. I'm pretty much set on getting a 6P or OP3 or the next Nexus. I need my freedom back!
    07-01-2016 08:49 AM
    I completely know where you're coming from. I have been on a 6s Plus since December, after mostly using Android for about 5 years. Once I got used to it, it was a pretty great phone. And actually something I've enjoyed using for most of the time I've had it. This is the longest I've had one phone since the Nexus 5. But now the little niggles with iOS are rearing their ugly heads and I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with iOS and Apple. And I don't see me riding the Apple train for the long haul. I'm pretty much set on getting a 6P or OP3 or the next Nexus. I need my freedom back!
    Yes. After having it for all of 4 days, I have encountered 2-3 instances where browser freezes, and I have to do a hard reset.(Not sure if it is mad I am using Chrome instead of Safari) Never had that on any of my Androids. Again, after reading the INSANE hatred in comments sections for years, I expected to be disgusted using one. Not a perfect phone, but on par or better than the flagships I have owned. Can't speak for Samsung S7, never could stomach Sammy.
    07-01-2016 02:50 PM
    Any time I used friends Iphones, thats exactly how I felt almost instantly. I hate how little freedom you have to do anything. Very basic layout for everything. Just doesnt do it for me. For those it does, more power to them. Im sure at some point they will give a little more freedom to users, but its a very very slow process just getting some features that, lets face it, we have had on Android for a few version now.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    07-01-2016 03:02 PM
    Any time I used friends Iphones, thats exactly how I felt almost instantly. I hate how little freedom you have to do anything. Very basic layout for everything. Just doesnt do it for me. For those it does, more power to them. Im sure at some point they will give a little more freedom to users, but its a very very slow process just getting some features that, lets face it, we have had on Android for a few version now.
    Yeah, it started to get to me big time recently. Just the lack of any opportunity to customize and make the phone feel like mine. I'm 34 years old, so some would consider me to be an adult, but I still hate that my phone looks, works, and acts like the one my 63 year old mother uses. I'd like to make my phone work for me.
    07-01-2016 03:07 PM
    Yeah, it started to get to me big time recently. Just the lack of any opportunity to customize and make the phone feel like mine. I'm 34 years old, so some would consider me to be an adult, but I still hate that my phone looks, works, and acts like the one my 63 year old mother uses. I'd like to make my phone work for me.
    I hear ya. That was my biggest factor when I get phones is having ability to make it my own. I remember looking at Iphones years ago and I hated how every single one looked the same other than wallpaper. I know the OS has changed some since, but still, its so basic overall and there still isnt huge differences between 2 complete strangers Iphones.

Again, if that works for people, so be it. Not knocking them, just giving my .02
    Wildo6882 and James E1 like this.
    07-01-2016 03:13 PM
    I dont have anything against Apple as they serve certain types of consumers. The only Apple device I've had is an iPad Mini I had gotten for Christmas a few years ago. I used it for maybe 2 months because I just got extremely bored with the software.
    07-02-2016 11:17 AM
    You're right, coming from an S7 Edge the screen on the HTC 10 is definitely "meh". In fact it's probably in a similar league to the Nexus 5x and that is a budget device. Camera also, not as good but early days.

I have to say that a lot of reviews I've seen seem to be less than honest about the HTC 10's screen. I would say it is below average for a flagship.

Anyway, it's the first day and I'm sure it will serve me well until the next Nexus arrives this autumn.
    07-06-2016 04:46 PM