Airplane mode and wifi

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
when i put my phone on airplane mode & then i go to switch on WiFi. The WiFi doesn't switch on for me :(

That's because airplane mode disables a device’s cellular radio, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
If you are trying to activate Wifi while your phone is in Airplane mode your phone will stop scanning for nearby Wi-Fi networks and attempting to join them. If you’re already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be disconnected.
The only way around this is to manually turn off your cellular service, and use wifi. Airplane mode is a package as does it all while on.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
That's because airplane mode disables a device’s cellular radio, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
If you are trying to activate Wifi while your phone is in Airplane mode your phone will stop scanning for nearby Wi-Fi networks and attempting to join them. If you’re already connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be disconnected.
The only way around this is to manually turn off your cellular service, and use wifi. Airplane mode is a package as does it all while on.
This is incorrect. After enabling airplane mode you can enable Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I can verify it as well, so I'd imagine a restart should do the trick. Other than that, a factory reset?