Odd charging lockscreen on Verizon HTC 10

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Friend of mine recently got an HTC 10 from Verizon. When charging he gets this weird screen:

pUr3vqy.jpg

I have no idea what app causes it, and malwarebytes doesn't pick up anything. Any idea on what this is?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitely rogue. I'd uninstall the last app or two that you installed. Creepy how liberal some of these apps are with the invasive stuff.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure that's not just a Verizon thing? It might be part of their bloatware. Otherwise, I'd check any app by the "Go" company. Go Launcher, GoSMS, etc.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is from a third party app. If you can't figure it out , backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Other apps that should be suspect include anything by Cheetah Mobile, DU Battery Saver or related apps, and ES File Explorer.

atenza

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem. It disappeared when I uninstalled Flash Keyboard, which I did not download, so it must have been pre-installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem. It disappeared when I uninstalled Flash Keyboard, which I did not download, so it must have been pre-installed.

Thanks for the tip! Flash Keyboard doesn't sound like a stock/preinstalled app. It's possible it got installed along with some other app you installed--watch carefully to see if it comes back.

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If you have ES file Explorer installed on your phone then it has some lock screen thing going on when charging the phone. You can disable this in the settings of ES file Explorer or just uninstal it.

JN81

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure that's not just a Verizon thing? It might be part of their bloatware. Otherwise, I'd check any app by the "Go" company. Go Launcher, GoSMS, etc.

I have a Verizon HTC 10 and haven't had anything odd like that show up when I charge my phone. I wonder if it was a third party app that they had downloaded like others have suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome