Favorite thing about the 10.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't come directly from an M8 but had one back when it was released. I find the 10 to be a nice upgrade. I was concerned about the sound, but have been pleasantly surprised, while not as loud it seems more clear and rich. Also thinking the extra RAM is helping with the quickness of the entire experience. Glad I got it. There is a $100 reduction in price and some new colors released to the U.S. I read just today. Not sure about Verizon 10's tho regarding the colors.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't come directly from an M8 but had one back when it was released. I find the 10 to be a nice upgrade. I was concerned about the sound, but have been pleasantly surprised, while not as loud it seems more clear and rich. Also thinking the extra RAM is helping with the quickness of the entire experience. Glad I got it. There is a $100 reduction in price and some new colors released to the U.S. I read just today. Not sure about Verizon 10's tho regarding the colors.
Thanks for the tip

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am on the third day with my HTC 10 and so far I am loving it. The design and the premium components used is my favorite feature.
The Boomsound speakers are very good too.
The only thing that is not so good is the location of the capacitive buttons. I would prefer them a bit higher.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on the third day with my HTC 10 and so far I am loving it. The design and the premium components used is my favorite feature.
The Boomsound speakers are very good too.
The only thing that is not so good is the location of the capacitive buttons. I would prefer them a bit higher.
Which smartphone did you came from?

Cheers

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How do the three compare, in your opinion?

It depends on your needs. For me, the Nexus 6P and the HTC 10 are the best smartphones. I really liked my Nexus 6P a lot. The software experience, the speakers, the very frequent updates, running Nougat..
The iPhone is for people that want something that works very well out of the box, and do not want to start toggling things, or customizing. It is really a great phone, but for me it is just boring.
The HTC 10 offers the best experience for my needs.
I love using Blinkfeed to get all the latest news. The interface is very smooth, just like the UI on the Nexus. The speakers offer a much better quality compared to the Nexus and the display is really good, despite it not being AMOLED. Battery life is better on the iPhone 6S Plus, followed by the HTC and last comes the Nexus.
With the iPhone I could easily get 6-7 hours SOT. With the HTC I get something between 4-5 SOT and with the Nexus most of the times I got something between 3-4 SOT. Of course your usage might vary.
I cannot really say more on the camera of the HTC 10. I just took a couple of pictures yesterday and they looked great, but the Nexus and the iPhone are also very good.
The biggest difference for me between the Nexus and the HTC 10 is the design and the hardware quality. The HTC 10 is just the most premium phone out there. The Nexus sometimes felt cheap on the hand. It has a nice design, but I prefer the sleek look of the carbon gray HTC 10.
My only caveats with the HTC 10, compared to the Nexus 6P are that the System UI tuner cannot be customized, and that the bigger screen estate of the Nexus enabled better productivity scenarios, especially when editing documents (I like to edit some Excel sheets on the go). The HTC's double tap to wake gesture also does not always work and this is something HTC should work towards fixing.
I prefer the Google dialer, because it has spam call recognition built in and also caller id recognition, by using an Internet database. The Sense UI is great, but grid spacing is just too big. HTC could improve that too by offering an option to change the number of icons that can be placed on a screen.
The notification LED is better on the Nexus. It offers more colors and it is more subtle. The HTC notification led is too strong for me, and it has only two colors.
Overall, the HTC 10 is a great device. Maybe the stand out feature of the HTC 10 is its design, followed by the great audio.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Fourth day with my HTC 10 and I'm enjoying it more every day. Coming from an MXPE, now my backup I've acclimated to the screen size pretty well and really enjoying the lighter weight and better pocket-ability. getting the hang of Blink-feed as I've never used it before. The speakers tho not as loud actually sound a little better on the 10. Loving the battery life. Had some issues with it on the MXPE not lasting the day and getting over heated doing some pretty light duty would hit 113F. The HTC runs cool 99% of the time and battery easily goes all day with some left over.
One thing, I don't mind the notification lite but wish "do not disturb" had an option to turn it off. I turn it over on my night stand, problem solved, but still...
Other than that I'm very pleased with my decision to pick this phone up

I may be done with large screen "phablet" type phones. They're just to damn big. After using a 5.5" iPhone 6+ , then a 5.7" Nexus 6P and finally a 5.7" MXPE I've come to a personal conclusion that I'm just not a "big phone" guy. 5.2" seems to be a good all around size for a phone for me anyway.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Fourth day with my HTC 10 and I'm enjoying it more every day. Coming from an MXPE, now my backup I've acclimated to the screen size pretty well and really enjoying the lighter weight and better pocket-ability. getting the hang of Blink-feed as I've never used it before. The speakers tho not as loud actually sound a little better on the 10. Loving the battery life. Had some issues with it on the MXPE not lasting the day and getting over heated doing some pretty light duty would hit 113F. The HTC runs cool 99% of the time and battery easily goes all day with some left over.
One thing, I don't mind the notification lite but wish "do not disturb" had an option to turn it off. I turn it over on my night stand, problem solved, but still...
Other than that I'm very pleased with my decision to pick this phone up

I may be done with large screen "phablet" type phones. They're just to damn big. After using a 5.5" iPhone 6+ , then a 5.7" Nexus 6P and finally a 5.7" MXPE I've come to a personal conclusion that I'm just not a "big phone" guy. 5.2" seems to be a good all around size for a phone for me anyway.
Yeah, I already find my m8 a little too big for one hand use and I have big hands. To be honest the ergonomic perfect size is 4.5 inch. Otherwise one hand use becomes dangerous, someone bumping to you is enough for us to drop it since I'm not holding it tightly (or my thumb wouldn't reach the whole screen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007