Camera - Is this just me?

staceybassoon

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
So I'm an HTC "fan girl," and have been since the Incredible. I was so excited to get to the 10 because I really didn't like the camera in the 8. However, I'm having more problems on this camera than I ever did with the 8. My camera takes so long to focus in and take a picture. I have a very active 11 month old baby, and I can barely get any snaps of him. By the time the camera focuses, he's already in a different position. Is there a way to turn something off, or maybe I need to shorten the exposure? I just thought I could point and shoot and get photos in good lighting. Is this too much to ask?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I had an autofocus issue as well. To fix this, I took a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the lens and laser sensor next to it real good. Also do you have the unlocked version? Make sure it is fully updated.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you tapping to focus? When you tap the subject it should lock on very quickly. I've gotten good action shots on the 10. Far better than I could with the M8, but if the lighting is low the cam will need longer exposure to absorb enough light, which can smear movement. Try to make sure the light is decent and that you're putting the light source behind you (just basic photography).

If you are concerned about the settings being off go ahead and list what they are. Some people have had issues and didn't realize their settings were out of wack.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not the camera, it's the 11 month old! j/k, I don't have the phone (yet) but I remember how my son was at that age and getting a picture was hard, and it only harder for the next few years. Hope you get it worked out.

PS - Congrats!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I find its better to turn off HDR for anything moving. I use Pro mode and it works best. I also find that focusing by tapping isnt as good as letting it focus when I snap the pic if the lighting is iffy. Have you tried the voice activated mode? Works real nice, you just say capture!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781