Notification/ringtone sound issue

madelman99

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I gust got an unlocked HTC 10 directly from HTC and am having an issue with the ringtone volume. It sounds loud enough when choosing ringtone, but when the phone actually rings when receiving a call, that same ringtone sounds at least 20% quieter. The reason is; when the phone rings, the sound is only coming out of the bottom speaker, the top one is silent. When I play that same ringtone during the set up, both speakers are working. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried just about all the settings in sound & notification but nothing made any difference. I called HTC, their level one support concluded that I have a defective phone, but I do not agree, I've read on other forums that others are having the same problem. I'm trying to figure out how widespread this problem is.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
its not defective... only the bottom speaker plays the ringtone when you get a call... when its "playing" the ringtone, the phone treats it no different than playing music

madelman99

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
its not defective... only the bottom speaker plays the ringtone when you get a call... when its "playing" the ringtone, the phone treats it no different than playing music

Not quite: when playing the ringtone in sound settings, as well as playing music, both top and bottom speakers are on, however only the bottom speaker is on when the phone rings. The bottom speaker only produces base, so there is a problem right there: no high tones will be playing during the ringing of the phone. The result is much quieter notification sound.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Not quite: when playing the ringtone in sound settings, as well as playing music, both top and bottom speakers are on, however only the bottom speaker is on when the phone rings. The bottom speaker only produces base, so there is a problem right there: no high tones will be playing during the ringing of the phone. The result is much quieter notification sound.
yes its true that its quieter... but ita just how the phone is... the ringer doesnt come from the top speaker.. only the bottom

madelman99

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Furthermore, when I spoke with support, they did not tell me that the top speaker was not supposed to be on when the phone rings, so it appears that they are not aware that this is happening.

madelman99

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Update : so it has been over a week and no one got back to me to set up an exchange of the phone. I spoke with a friend who has a T-mobile version of HTC 10, he says his rings loudly and both speakers are working. Will have to call HTC again, so far I'm not happy with their support.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Update : so it has been over a week and no one got back to me to set up an exchange of the phone. I spoke with a friend who has a T-mobile version of HTC 10, he says his rings loudly and both speakers are working. Will have to call HTC again, so far I'm not happy with their support.

If you go to settings, sound& notification, is quiet ring on pickup checked?

Posted via the Android Central App

madelman99

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
If you go to settings, sound& notification, is quiet ring on pickup checked?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, but un-checking it doesn't change anything. Only the bottom speaker works during the notifications. Both top and bottom speakers work when I play any content through any audio app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc