Ive had the phone for 2 months now. Battery is getting worse.

collen_wing

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I unplug my phone around 10 everyday and use it to listen to podcast and browse the internet while going around for my job. Usually by 1 its down to 50%

if i just use the internet and have no radio/podcast playing its around 65%

if i leave it sitting not doing a thing for 3 hours it drains about 15%

I am extremely disjointed with this is there anything I can do.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
if you leave the phone for 3, it should def not be losing 15%... maybe 2% so theres some app thats draining your battery...

you have to find out which app

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
It feels like mine is getting better. GSAM shows 59% used in 17h20m, with 2:20 of screen time, 27 minutes of calls, with Bluetooth on in the background (about 30 mins of actual use in my commute), and WiFi on (but not used for about 11 hours when I was at work).

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
if you leave the phone for 3, it should def not be losing 15%... maybe 2% so theres some app thats draining your battery...

you have to find out which app

^This^.
Have you looked into the battery management and app usage? I'm on mine all the time and I'm still charging only once a day for just over an hour.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Considering your other post about the changes to your keyboard and this with battery usage, sounds like you've got a bad app. Time to narrow down the suspects.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually having similar issues. Previously I could go about a normal work day with~5 hours screen on time and <10% battery remaining, now I'm hitting the 4 hour mark before my battery goes flat. Went from a solid days usage to now just under a day.

Pretty sure my usage hasn't changed but I have received a few software updates since I've owned it, so I'm not sure what's going on. Rogue app maybe, or something else. I'll have to investigate.

collen_wing

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually having similar issues. Previously I could go about a normal work day with~5 hours screen on time and <10% battery remaining, now I'm hitting the 4 hour mark before my battery goes flat. Went from a solid days usage to now just under a day.

Pretty sure my usage hasn't changed but I have received a few software updates since I've owned it, so I'm not sure what's going on. Rogue app maybe, or something else. I'll have to investigate.

see im not tech savvy enought o know what to look for to find any app that may be doing stuff it shouldnt.

Dongox

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I stream about 4 hours of podcasts in the morning over LTE along with some Internet use and at that point I'm usually down to about 90%.

I've been satisfied with the battery. I only plug it in during the day while in the car. (total of 45-60 mins total) and am usually over 75% when it's time for bed.

Posted via the Android Central App