T-Mobile done with HTC 10

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was on their site today and noticed that they are no longer selling the HTC 10. I find that strange, and it makes me suspect that they won't be carrying the 11 at all since they only ever had the 10 as an online order. Anyone else see this or just me?

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just mean that if they've already stopped carrying the 10, not only can I not purchase that one for the family, but it seems reasonable to me that they wouldn't even bother to carry anything further from HTC at all.

FWIW, I spoke to a customer care person about another issue and mentioned the 10 being gone, and she said that Tmobile is no longer selling HTC devices. I know sales reps/customer care people don't always know as much as they think they do, but it's food for thought. Shame too, as I was going to get my family on the HTC 10 as well.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
At this point, what options does a consumer have if they want to walk into a store and leave with a HTC 10 in hand? I'd be surprised if Verizon and Sprint don't follow the same path as AT&T and T-Mobile and stop carrying HTC devices alltogether.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
<snip>
she said that Tmobile is no longer selling HTC devices.
<snip>

That sounds wrong. I don't know why this happens with HTC so much but if this is the case, why is the HTC Desire 530 currently for sale on the T-Mobile site? She should have just said that the HTC 10 has been removed.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Which I would translate as, "Those boneheads at HTC ran out of parts and didn't notice cuz they were all-hands-on-deck makin' Nexus phones."

I would translate it as "T-Mobile isn't stocking these phones anymore because they sell poorly, but if you're lucky you might find a store that still has stock"

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I would translate it as "T-Mobile isn't stocking these phones anymore because they sell poorly, but if you're lucky you might find a store that still has stock"

Me thinks this is a stronger possibility. This makes me wonder if HTC will even bother coming out with another flagship. Clearly there's very little interest and demand for an HTC smartphone in the US market, so what options does HTC have left? If the carriers and brick and mortar stores abandon them, what hope is there going forward?

Thomas Guide

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Me thinks this is a stronger possibility. This makes me wonder if HTC will even bother coming out with another flagship. Clearly there's very little interest and demand for an HTC smartphone in the US market, so what options does HTC have left? If the carriers and brick and mortar stores abandon them, what hope is there going forward?

Lower the price to $499 permanently, increase base storage to 64GB. I'm not even sure that would help but it's a start. OP3 and Axon 7 are really sticking it to high end android phones. Unfortunately, HTC is caught between a rock and a hard place. They can't survive on brand recognition, they don't have a loyal following like Apple and have has some bad misfires (M8 and M9). The 10 is the best phone they've made ever, but the competition has caught up and in some ways surpassed them. The answer is keep trying to compete on high end specs,(which isn't working) or compete on price and offer more.

OP3, ZTE, Alcatel and other mid rangers are offering more bang for the buck.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Pretty pathetic. Tmobile gave up on it already. I can't find one in any stores. They no longer offer it online either. This is just irritating.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Lower the price to $499 permanently, increase base storage to 64GB. I'm not even sure that would help but it's a start. OP3 and Axon 7 are really sticking it to high end android phones. Unfortunately, HTC is caught between a rock and a hard place. They can't survive on brand recognition, they don't have a loyal following like Apple and have has some bad misfires (M8 and M9). The 10 is the best phone they've made ever, but the competition has caught up and in some ways surpassed them. The answer is keep trying to compete on high end specs,(which isn't working) or compete on price and offer more.

OP3, ZTE, Alcatel and other mid rangers are offering more bang for the buck.

I personally think that HTC can definitely gain ground in the low-end budget phone segment. Pricing is key for them though, along with a rock solid product that yields few compromises in key areas (display and camera..front facing in particular) and various color options, if they aggressively target that segment. If they could produce something along the lines of the Desire Eye but with ~$150-$200 pricing, then that could be a big an enticing selling point and an incentive for major and 3rd party carriers to add to their product inventory.

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I just contacted them through twitter and they confirmed they will no longer buy selling it or restocking the HTC 10 :(

Such a shame ugh...the sales musts have been horrible.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I just contacted them through twitter and they confirmed they will no longer buy selling it or restocking the HTC 10 :(

Such a shame ugh...the sales musts have been horrible.

I think this may be a precursor to the inevitable. The Android landscape is a done deal when it comes to flagships. It's been reduced to being the Samsung show and it's impossible for any other manufacturer (let alone HTC) to ever be competitive sales wise. Pricing and features for other manufacturers can't change that. For all that HTC has put into the 10, there was no way it could ever have been a sales success even if it was 10x better than the S7e and Note 7 combined. I think it is pointless for HTC or anyone else to continue making flagships from here on out as they will be largely ignored by consumers.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I did get a call back from a Tmobile rep asking how they could remedy the situation. I think I may have told them I'd be leaving for another carrier....:p But I told him unless you have any in stock there isnt much you can do to keep me.Nice gesture anyway. I'm not going anywhere, I'm just bummed because I've always bought HTC devices. My first one was the og Incredible. And I never looked back. They saved me from the Blackberry Storm.(dont judge me). I didnt know any better back then. Ah, memories.

Nancy Will

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Per the HTC update page there will be no updates for those of us who managed to get the 10 before it disappeared into the mists of time. Marshmallow forever. Yay. WTF.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463