System Update Available

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Got a prompt for a system update that referenced security fixes.
Was about 450MB I believe.
forgot to note the software version. not sure if its for the July or August security updates.
Running unlocked on T-Mobile.

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked version here now updating to software version 1.91.617.1 . It's 429 mb and says latest android security update by google.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh ****!
They added back the "Android Security Patch Level" info box.
"Settings->About->Software Information" now shows the level.
And yay, running August 1!

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh ****!

idk why this is such a big thing but i'm glad they did bc ppl were losing it on here when they couldn't see a date

robert26101

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I called HTC and they gave me the website to go see if I have the latest version and I do so it must be updated last night or something. But I still don't understand the message

Posted via the Android Central App

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
How could AT&T block an unbranded, unlocked device from getting an update? You're just downloading data from an HTC server to an unbranded phone.

Ever had a Nexus device on At&t? I bought mine directly from Google and had to factory reset it every time I wanted an update because At&t's SIM blocks the update until it is approved by At&t. My Moto X was the same way too.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
How could AT&T block an unbranded, unlocked device from getting an update? You're just downloading data from an HTC server to an unbranded phone.

Google allowed the carriers to approve firmware for the Nexus 6. It Depended on what sim you had installed when you setup the Nexus 6 on who got to have a say-so. Att has been very slow with major OTA approvals with the Nexus 6. Even now, nexus 6 phones on att are on a different update path.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I called HTC and they gave me the website to go see if I have the latest version and I do so it must be updated last night or something. But I still don't understand the message

My 2nd device did that. HTC showed me how to manually update to get around it. I will never know if that gets rid of the error permanently though as I discovered that phone had a broken speaker and I got a replacement.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My 2nd device did that. HTC showed me how to manually update to get around it. I will never know if that gets rid of the error permanently though as I discovered that phone had a broken speaker and I got a replacement.

Is this your 3rd 10 now?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I broke my first and it was replaced with UhOh. The replacement's bass speaker was dead so I received another, which has been great.

BTW, can anyone tell me what was changed in this update? I know about the security stuff and the camera, just wondering if there's anything cool I should be aware of.

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I broke my first and it was replaced with UhOh. The replacement's bass speaker was dead so I received another, which has been great.

BTW, can anyone tell me what was changed in this update? I know about the security stuff and the camera, just wondering if there's anything cool I should be aware of.

oh, was the camera updated? the update info only mentioned the security fixes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh ****!

Not sure why HTC keeps hiding that. I mean I guess this way if they don't update it, will make it less noticeable for people.