After a lot of months I pulled the bullet and I ordered the HTC 10. I know for sure that I will miss the monthly updates of the Nexus 6P and Nougat. Apart from that I might also miss the 64GB internal storage.
    I really missed Blinkfeed and the HTC design and quality. I just hope HTC will be very fast with releasing updates.

The question to former 6P owners, do you miss anything from the 6P? Do you regret purchasing the HTC 10?
    08-17-2016 03:02 PM
    I thought HTC did pretty well update wise?
    08-17-2016 05:32 PM
    I thought HTC did pretty well update wise?
    I refer to OS updates
    08-17-2016 06:04 PM
    Don't miss anything from the 6P. I had issues with people hearing me unless I spoke directly into the microphone. The 6P was a nice phone, albeit a little large. My HTC 10 seems just right for me.
    08-18-2016 02:24 AM
    In the meantime my HTC 10 arrived one hour ago. The first impressions are mostly positive. I only do not like what they did to Blinkfeed. I am considering going back to the Google Now launcher. Apart from that I love the design and the quality of the HTC 10.
    08-18-2016 04:34 AM
    In the meantime my HTC 10 arrived one hour ago. The first impressions are mostly positive. I only do not like what they did to Blinkfeed. I am considering going back to the Google Now launcher. Apart from that I love the design and the quality of the HTC 10.
    What do you mean? It doesn't seem any different than the m8 blinkfeed
    08-18-2016 10:55 AM
    What do you mean? It doesn't seem any different than the m8 blinkfeed
    The Blinkfeed I remember didn't require Newsrepublic to be installed. You could choose your favorite topics inside blinkfeed, it had Facebook integration and its own article viewer. Now, it is a container for News Republic.
    I know that Blinkfeed was from the beginning a News Republic/HTC cooperation, but now it is not as good as before.
    I have it still active though. I will give it a chance.
    08-18-2016 11:04 AM
    Facebook is still integrated and I thought they did the whole news republic mess on all HTC... I thought I had to do it on my m8 before I switched but I could be wrong... I do agree I preferred it without the integration with news republic
    08-18-2016 09:28 PM
    How is Facebook integrated? You have to download this: Where is facebook and instagram on blinkfeed | HTC 10
    A normal user wouldn't think to search the Internet in order to add Facebook integration into the Blinkfeed
    08-19-2016 12:41 AM
    How is Facebook integrated? You have to download this: Where is facebook and instagram on blinkfeed | HTC 10
    A normal user wouldn't think to search the Internet in order to add Facebook integration into the Blinkfeed
    Can't you just use the HTC social plugin from the play store? I'm not in to Facebook so I have not tried it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2016 10:18 AM
    Can't you just use the HTC social plugin from the play store? I'm not in to Facebook so I have not tried it.

Yes u can... I've haven't even been to xda since I bought the 10
    08-19-2016 12:07 PM

Yes, you are right. I didn't look for it before.
    08-19-2016 12:40 PM
    I thought I saw a you tube vid on a guy who had his day calendar setup on blinkfeed. Can't find it, maybe dreamed it. Is this doable?
    08-19-2016 12:45 PM
    I thought I saw a you tube vid on a guy who had his day calendar setup on blinkfeed. Can't find it, maybe dreamed it. Is this doable?
    Yes, it is. There is an option in Blinkfeed to display the day calendar.
    cbreze likes this.
    08-19-2016 01:22 PM
    Found it. Thanks
    08-19-2016 01:41 PM
    I bought a Nexus 6P but returned it since it was just a little to big to carry around. I now own the unlocked HTC 10 and I like it but will end up probably getting the Nexus Marlin device. I miss stock Android, on-screen NAV buttons, and want Nougat day one.
    08-21-2016 08:35 AM
    I bought a Nexus 6P but returned it since it was just a little to big to carry around. I now own the unlocked HTC 10 and I like it but will end up probably getting the Nexus Marlin device. I miss stock Android, on-screen NAV buttons, and want Nougat day one.
    I have been using Nougat for months on my Nexus 6P and two things I really miss on my HTC 10. The double tap on the recents button to quickly switch between the last two active apps, and the quick reply on incoming notifications. Apart from that, the HTC 10 has better software than stock Android. With the Nexus 6P and before Nougat, I had lag every two to three days and only a reboot would help. With the HTC and running Marshmallow, there is no such lag. Everything opens and runs much faster.
    I understand though that if you need to run Nougat now, that only the Nexus devices will get it fast. I hope that HTC releases the Nougat update in the next 2-3 months.
    08-21-2016 09:16 AM
    I have been using Nougat for months on my Nexus 6P and two things I really miss on my HTC 10. The double tap on the recents button to quickly switch between the last two active apps, and the quick reply on incoming notifications. Apart from that, the HTC 10 has better software than stock Android. With the Nexus 6P and before Nougat, I had lag every two to three days and only a reboot would help. With the HTC and running Marshmallow, there is no such lag. Everything opens and runs much faster.
    I understand though that if you need to run Nougat now, that only the Nexus devices will get it fast. I hope that HTC releases the Nougat update in the next 2-3 months.
    That lag is NOT a issue with stock Android but with the SD810 and all 2015 phones had that issue. There was also a update to address some of that on the Nexus 6P but not sure if you switched before that came out. Personally, I had no issues like that on my Nexus 6P before returned it. The HTC 10 has a SD820 so not really a fair comparison. The new Nexus devices will have a SD8201/821 chipset and coupled with stock Android should be notablely better than the HTC 10.

Better software? I hate the HTC phone dialer and really miss Google phone. At least I was able to replace messages, clock, and Sense (with Nova launcher). HTC does have a better camera app.
    08-21-2016 10:24 AM
    That lag is NOT a issue with stock Android but with the SD810 and all 2015 phones had that issue. There was also a update to address some of that on the Nexus 6P but not sure if you switched before that came out. Personally, I had no issues like that on my Nexus 6P before returned it. The HTC 10 has a SD820 so not really a fair comparison. The new Nexus devices will have a SD8201/821 chipset and coupled with stock Android should be notablely better than the HTC 10.

Better software? I hate the HTC phone dialer and really miss Google phone. At least I was able to replace messages, clock, and Sense (with Nova launcher). HTC does have a better camera app.
    Don't get me wrong. Both devices are really great. The Nexus 6P was the phone I kept the longest time in my life! I loved it totally.
    Yes, comparing the SD820 against the SD810 is not fair. I agree.
    I also like the Google dialer better, but the HTC dialer is not bad.
    What made me go back to HTC was a couple of things that I always loved about HTC devices:
    • Blinkfeed
    • The Sense UI
    • The design/build quality is amazing
    • Boomsound

When I have the HTC 10 in my hand, I have the feeling that I hold the most premium smartphone available. The Nexus is a bit bulky and its build quality could be better. Of course, the price of the Nexus cannot be beaten.
    If you ask me, the HTC 10 is not 300-400$ better than the Nexus, but if you don't care about money, then it is absolutely a better device (at least for me).
    08-21-2016 10:46 AM
    Did you switch back from iOS?

I'm really wanting to go back. Trying to decide if I should get this or wait on the next Nexus devices.
    08-21-2016 01:45 PM
    Did you switch back from iOS?

I'm really wanting to go back. Trying to decide if I should get this or wait on the next Nexus devices.
    Yes, I am using Android almost exclusively since last November. I had a two week break in July, where I used an iPhone 6S Plus. I find iOS boring.
    If you want to have the pure stock Android experience, then wait. If you don't really care about that, then get the HTC 10. It is a great device with amazing build quality. The best phone.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    08-21-2016 02:30 PM
    Yes, I am using Android almost exclusively since last November. I had a two week break in July, where I used an iPhone 6S Plus. I find iOS boring.
    If you want to have the pure stock Android experience, then wait. If you don't really care about that, then get the HTC 10. It is a great device with amazing build quality. The best phone.
    I've been on an iPhone 6s Plus since December and have really grown tired of it. I love stock Android and quick updates, so that is usually what I would go for. But I also don't want to wait because I'd like to sell this before the next iPhone comes out.

I've thought of getting an HTC 10 and using it now and if the next Nexus really blows me away, I could sell it then.
    petvas72 likes this.
    08-21-2016 03:00 PM
    You could also root the HTC if you want to get the stock Android experience. https://theunlockr.com/2016/08/14/ro...m_source=1-2-2
    08-21-2016 03:35 PM
    You could also root the HTC if you want to get the stock Android experience. https://theunlockr.com/2016/08/14/ro...m_source=1-2-2
    Well I won't be rooting. But I think the 10 is a good bet for me until I can see the next Nexus. I'm just too bored with this iPhone. And HTC is pretty good with updates, so I feel comfortable with them. I also wanted a Note 7 but I hate going through carriers.
    08-22-2016 08:30 AM
    Don't get me wrong. Both devices are really great. The Nexus 6P was the phone I kept the longest time in my life! I loved it totally.
    Yes, comparing the SD820 against the SD810 is not fair. I agree.
    I also like the Google dialer better, but the HTC dialer is not bad.
    What made me go back to HTC was a couple of things that I always loved about HTC devices:
    • Blinkfeed
    • The Sense UI
    • The design/build quality is amazing
    • Boomsound

When I have the HTC 10 in my hand, I have the feeling that I hold the most premium smartphone available. The Nexus is a bit bulky and its build quality could be better. Of course, the price of the Nexus cannot be beaten.
    If you ask me, the HTC 10 is not 300-400$ better than the Nexus, but if you don't care about money, then it is absolutely a better device (at least for me).
    Haha. Who doesn't care about money? But seriously, if the HTC 10 didn't have the price difference it does I would have bought it. That said, I still have my 6P and now have Nougat and I wouldn't switch at this point. They are both great phones.
    08-26-2016 10:15 AM