I Just Sold My HTC 10 :-(

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered an unlocked HTC 10 day one but it has been sold so now back to using my Nexus 5 at least temporarily. It was a pretty good phone except for some minor software issues... Sense, I used it for a good month but then installed Nova launcher and set it up to be like the Google Now launcher. It only came with four 3rd-party apps but they can only be disabled and not uninstalled. Why HTC? Why? The phone dialer is just bad and one can't install Google Phone (officially). Call me crazy but I think a $700 phone should get security updates EVERY month.

OK, these are mostly minor issues and all software. The hardware has generally been great until I realized the NFC on my phone is really weak. The one thing I never tested and have been thinking about using wireless payments more often now. I could have got a replacement phone from HTC but if you haven't guessed it by now I really want to go back to a Nexus phone.

Marlin I wait you!

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There are some people that get every flagship and are never happy... They will find something wrong with each one...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing is I just attended get the security updates almost every month it did get the update for June and July if they get the update for August. So I'm not sure where you are getting the fact that it's not paying the monthly updates. And I still think it's a great phone and as for the dialer I don't mind the HTC dialer no everyone is different. Though like other manufacturers other than Google it is really unrealistic telling them that they have to build them monthly updates and then get also the newest Android on there. Just my opinion

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
The thing is I just attended get the security updates almost every month it did get the update for June and July if they get the update for August. So I'm not sure where you are getting the fact that it's not paying the monthly updates. And I still think it's a great phone and as for the dialer I don't mind the HTC dialer no everyone is different. Though like other manufacturers other than Google it is really unrealistic telling them that they have to build them monthly updates and then get also the newest Android on there. Just my opinion

You have the unlocked HTC 10? It got the July security updates with the August update --> HTC 10 - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States

It's not unrealistic to expect an OEM to support their flagship phone. Pushing out monthly security updates is NOT hard.

CSOReaper

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
And you know of an OEM that does this monthly? Because I don't. That is a **** poor excuse to sell a phone and say something was wrong with it. In fact, nothing was wrong with it and you were looking for anything possible to get rid of it.

Toolbox behavior.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
The NFC issue bothers me too. I used my M9 to pay but the 10 does not trigger the terminal. I have tried a dozen times now. I wanted to use NFC pay with the fingerprint reader but that is out since I cannot trigger the terminals

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am glad you are now using a device that you enjoy. I understand your love for Nexus - the 5 is a great phone! - and also that you want to wait for the new Nexus line! I am hoping they will be awesome; because even though I love my LG G3, I do miss stock Android and full Google... I may jump back to Nexus next time 'round! Any particular reason why you are wanting the Marlin device? :)

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I see many complaints about NFC issues, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Mine works just fine. Now, I did have issues when I added a metal plate inside my case so I can use a magnetic holder in my car, as it blocked/interfered with the signal, but all I had to do was slide it down a bit and Android Pay works smooth as silk. I have had a quibble or two with the phone, but nothing that kills the deal. And I don't see what's wrong with the stock dialer HTC uses. Maybe I am less picky!?

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough if he has reasons to move on. I want to sell mine too but there's very little to move on to at the moment.

I'm hoping the Nexus phones or the Moto Z come up trumps in the UK before I get bored of phones altogether.