coming from a note 7?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From a N7 to??? The 5 isn't worth as much (no SD card slot). The 4 is the 3 with a few minor changes. Might as well buy a used 3 for about $125. (Or I'll swap you one of my 3s.)

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the S7 Edge, have had a Note 3 in the past (not the same thing, obviously, but similar idea). While HTC's customer service for warranty issues is lacking at the lowest customer-facing levels, HTC's software has been the best in the business IMO since Sense 5 / HTC M7. I always find my way back to HTC after trying other devices.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I am also looking at switching from the note 7 to the 10 my only real reason is cost. And with the recall this gives me a chance to try something new and the 10 is the only phone I can think of switching to. Reminds me of when I had my note 2 and traded it for the m7. I've loved the notes from 2,3,4,7 they just never blow me away for the money so now I'm in the Debate do I swap for another note 7 or change it up to the 10..

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from S7 edge to HTC 10, coz I could save almost 150$ on it. I don't regret it for moment. HTC 10 is faster, more easy to handle though I miss s7 edge screen for it brightness. I mostly use selfie camera which is better on 10 though back camera is slightly better on s7. I don't regret for a single second exchanging s7 for 10. You might not too, it all depends on what you expect your phone to do.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Had S7, HTC 10 and sold them both for Note 7 which was great but couldn't justify the $930 or so price after tax. Returned it and back to HTC 10 because overall HTC 10 is great, software doesn't get in the way, great audio (main thing that got me back). I'm going to keep the HTC 10 till V20, and Marlin comes out and then keep the Marlin plus V20 or HTC 10.

PS: Think HTC 10 is also priced high even after $100 off. $500 is where this should be priced to have a chance to sell well but I think HTC is kind of looking at selling fewer phones with higher margins which is fine and hope it works for them if that's what they are aiming for. Just dont want them to see completely disappear eventually.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
PS: Think HTC 10 is also priced high even after $100 off. $500 is where this should be priced to have a chance to sell well but I think HTC is kind of looking at selling fewer phones with higher margins which is fine and hope it works for them if that's what they are aiming for. Just dont want them to see completely disappear eventually.

I think this too but ppl are so blinded by the volume sold by Samsung that they don't understand that a company prefers to have volume and profit but if it comes down to it they will try to go for the profit more

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Went today to sprint with the intention of getting the 10 and after 10 minutes of playing with it I just couldn't see leaving the note 7 to the 10 it was nice but I just didn't personally feel the wow factor it was snappy and good feeling so it came down to a few things the spen I may not use it all the time but when I need to snip a photo and edit it i can with ease the water resistance is a plus but the main issue for me is the screen size of did not think that would be an issue until I thought of playing games on it.. But with all these differences I still feel the urge to pick it up I'm so in between.. Being in sprint we don't have many phones to choose from.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Went today to sprint with the intention of getting the 10 and after 10 minutes of playing with it I just couldn't see leaving the note 7 to the 10 it was nice but I just didn't personally feel the wow factor it was snappy and good feeling so it came down to a few things the spen I may not use it all the time but when I need to snip a photo and edit it i can with ease the water resistance is a plus but the main issue for me is the screen size of did not think that would be an issue until I thought of playing games on it.. But with all these differences I still feel the urge to pick it up I'm so in between.. Being in sprint we don't have many phones to choose from.

lol...if it's that difficult just wait on your replacement phone

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about making the switch, have you? Thoughts??
Honesty I think you'll love the HTC 10. Now it's not as big and doesn't have as many new and different features, but it's a fantastic phone with great software on it. I do wish the speakers were more in line with HTCs previous gen devices but if you're coming from a Note 7, you will still notice an improvement. If you're ok with the smaller size, I'd say go for it! You ready won't regret it. The 10s camera is also pretty darn good.

juliobx2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I think I may be going back to the 10 when I finally return this Note 7. Loved the size. Things I wish were better on the 10 after using this Note 7 is the screen and camera, everything else to me is perfect on the 10. My last 10's camera was not that good. The quality of the front facing camera to me was better in my opinion. If I do order new 10, hope it's much better.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from 3 phablets prior to the 10, really liking the more easy to handle smaller size. The cam is fine for me, so far my pics have been great although 99% of them are outside. The screen I was a tad leery about turns out is much better than I had expected. All my hands on impressions were done at a Verizon store. TBH , the 10 left me cold, not at all impressed. Having it home and set up the way I like it is really a good phone. Even the speakers are much better than I had heard in store. Glad I jumped on it. very satisfied.

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
My 2¢ about switching from the N7... I tried to like the N7 - the recall was a blessing for me in that it provided an easy out via refund. Still wanting a new phone, I purchased an unlocked 10 via HTC website on Sunday, it arrived Wednesday - I am happier with my first couple of days on the 10 than I was on the N7 - it seems this will be a phone that I will be using for awhile. I like the 10 because it has just a touch of HTC flair while providing a familiar feeling similar to a Nexus - the N7 was too Samsunganized (is that a word?) for me. The 10 feels good in hand, calls are clear and it fits comfortably in my pocket. I have a feeling the upcoming HTC Nexus (or whatever it will be called) is going to be wonderful. My previous few phones were LG G4, Nexus 6, Moto X (2104), HTC One (M7), Nexus 4, Motorola Photon, HTC Sensation, Blackberry Bold (loved it), Blackberry Pearl. Before using this phone, the Nexus 6 was my favorite Android...a little too big and mediocre camera...but super smooth operations.

chilledbeer

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about making the switch, have you? Thoughts??
I switched from the Note 7 today. Early days but man, the sound quality on the 10 tho. In Australia, we get the HTC surround headphones in the box so that's a big plus. Clean software, beautiful and rich sound quality, I'm expecting battery life to be in the 4.5 sot mark so that's OK. Yet to play with the camera but not expecting it to be on par with the Note 7. I'm glad I picked this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781