Since the update a couple of days ago my screen is constantly on while my phone is charging. I do have developer options turned on and "Stay Awake" while charging is not checked. Is there some other setting I am missing? The most irritating part is if I manually turn the screen off it will invariably come back on for some undetermined reason and stay on all night. The phone gets really hot when this happens.
    09-06-2016 05:16 AM
    Since the update a couple of days ago my screen is constantly on while my phone is charging. I do have developer options turned on and "Stay Awake" while charging is not checked. Is there some other setting I am missing? The most irritating part is if I manually turn the screen off it will invariably come back on for some undetermined reason and stay on all night. The phone gets really hot when this happens.
    Do you have any apps running in the background? Did you try turning the phone off and back on?
    09-06-2016 08:29 AM
    Yeah check your apps to see if any stay on. Maybe battery usage would be a good indicator for a bad app. also, if not tried yet clear out your app cache and restart the device.
    Side note: I had an old wallpaper changer app I had long forgotten about that I thought would have been disabled. It was changing my walls at intervals. I found it hidden in a file and wasn't even aware it was active or even set to change. Got rid of it, problem solved. I'm betting on some app acting up. Or possibly a setting that got changed when you updated. I've def noticed that happening after updates on various devices.
    09-06-2016 01:07 PM
    Thanks, will check all if these.
    09-06-2016 03:23 PM
    this was happening to me until I checked the stay awake option and then unchecked it again... idk why it worked but it did for me
    09-06-2016 04:38 PM