Speaker Quality for Music Playback?

Valtiel86

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm considering upgrading from my M8 to the HTC 10, but have concerns over the change in speaker configuration. I use my M8 often at work to play music through the built-in speakers (I can't bring in external ones, and we don't have a radio). Specifically, I listen to a lot of hard rock/metal with guitars that are tuned low. I read that the 10's speakers aren't nearly as good as the M8's when it comes to bass and lower notes. Does anyone here have any experience playing rock/metal through the speakers that can give me an idea how they handle that type of music?

Also I apologize if something similar has been asked here before. I'm actually posting from my M8 and can't for the life of me find how to run a search on this specific board on a mobile browser.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The upgrade is worth it on so many levels . I did the same. Sound is different but not unbearable. I say go for it

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the M7 and its way better than 10 in many ways for sound. In the long run the 10 is ok but the sound is more directional as opposed to from the front. Voice calls over the 10 are sh*t however. The speakers now "project" which is ok for music but not voice calls.

btbam08

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Fellow metal head here. I used to have an m8 but it's been a while, I'd say the 10 is not quite as loud but the trade off is the sound staging. The separation really makes it sound great on the 10.

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Led Zeppelin, black Sabbath, rainbow, Dio, iron maiden etc... Although it may seem not as loud as the m8, the sound itself is much fuller and clearer.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, everyone! Sounds like my fears were unfounded. I'm set on getting the 10 now. Thanks again!

i personally don't own a HTC10 but I've listened to one, and it sounds really nice. I cant say if it will be an upgrade from the M8 since i haven't heard those, but the 10 sounds great. NB: don't set your expectations too high and then get disappointed. I've done this before. its good, but not going to blow your socks off lol :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1