I'm trying to back up my phone data to my Google account. I get this error, "no account is currently storing backup data." The area is greyed out so I can't add an account. Anyone else have this problem?
    10-04-2016 02:38 AM
    Never seen that problem. I guess you have already tried the obvious, restarting the phone, clearing cahe and data from related apps...
    10-04-2016 06:15 AM
    ^Yes I did. Can anyone check your phone to see if it's greyed out?
    10-04-2016 06:26 PM
    Bump. Can anyone check your phone for me and see if your's is grayed out too? Thanks.
    10-05-2016 03:48 PM
    I went to "Backup and Reset"
    Back up my Data is on
    Backup account has my gmail address

is that the stuff you're asking about?
    10-05-2016 04:22 PM
    When I click on the first option, Back up my data, I get an option to turn it off and on. When I turn it off, the backup account settings get grayed out. Maybe you could click on the first option and make sure it is turned on.
    10-05-2016 06:21 PM
    Bump. Can anyone check your phone for me and see if your's is grayed out too? Thanks.
    Yeah mines greyed out too, and I didn't realize. All of my other HTC phones backed up regularly.... Need to figure this out.
    10-05-2016 09:11 PM
    Yeah mines greyed out too, and I didn't realize. All of my other HTC phones backed up regularly.... Need to figure this out.
    Let me know if you find a solution. I've google and so far nothing worked. Only thing I didn't try was setting it up on activation. I must have skipped over it but I'm not about to reset the phone if I can help it.
    10-06-2016 09:40 AM
    10-06-2016 06:28 PM
    Bump. Any solutions yet? It's driving me nuts. I might just download an app backup app.
    10-11-2016 06:09 PM
    For backup you can follow these steps:
    • Open your device's Settings app .
    • Under "Personal," tap Backup & reset.
    • Tap Backup account Add account.
    • Confirm your device's PIN, pattern or password.
    • Sign in to the account that you want to add.
    10-19-2016 03:45 AM
    For backup you can follow these steps:
    • Open your device's Settings app .
    • Under "Personal," tap Backup & reset.
    • Tap Backup account Add account.
    • Confirm your device's PIN, pattern or password.
    • Sign in to the account that you want to add.
    Backup account tab is grayed out so I can't tap it....
    10-19-2016 10:53 PM
    I am having the same exact problem using a Sprint HTC 10 with the latest September security update. I did a factory reset and the Backup account is still grey and shows "No account is currently storing backed up data". As a result, when I did a factory reset, Google didn't even give me the option to restore my account from a previous HTC 10 device backup. I have to setup everything from scratch again. I'm going to contact HTC and Sprint. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know. I guess we have to wait until the Android N update.
    mfreeland likes this.
    10-21-2016 02:45 PM
    I am having the same exact problem using a Sprint HTC 10 with the latest September security update. I did a factory reset and the Backup account is still grey and shows "No account is currently storing backed up data". As a result, when I did a factory reset, Google didn't even give me the option to restore my account from a previous HTC 10 device backup. I have to setup everything from scratch again. I'm going to contact HTC and Sprint. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know. I guess we have to wait until the Android N update.
    Please let us know if you figure it out...
    10-21-2016 03:31 PM
    HTC basically told me this:

"The back up option is under maintenance at the moment. This is why you can't access to it. If you performed all those troubleshooting steps and they didn't work. What I recommend is that you try another backup options while we solve this problems for our customers."

I did a factory reset and I also manually updated the firmware to the latest release. Of course the Backup account is still grey. This is clearly a software / firmware bug. There is nothing we can do from our end unfortunately to fix it. If I find out anything else I will let you guys know.
    mfreeland likes this.
    10-21-2016 04:43 PM

"The back up option is under maintenance at the moment. This is why you can't access to it. If you performed all those troubleshooting steps and they didn't work. What I recommend is that you try another backup options while we solve this problems for our customers."

I did a factory reset and I also manually updated the firmware to the latest release. Of course the Backup account is still grey. This is clearly a software / firmware bug. There is nothing we can do from our end unfortunately to fix it. If I find out anything else I will let you guys know.
    I've been backing up manually to HTC Sync, in the meantime.
    mhajii210 likes this.
    10-21-2016 06:43 PM

Thanks for the update. I too have a sprint HTC 10. I was about to do a factory reset. This is my second HTC 10. I'm not sure if the first one had this issue. The only think I can think of is that I might of skipped the Google setup part when I activated the phone. In the meantime time I'm going download a backup app. I wonder if this issue is only with Sprint.
    10-22-2016 04:19 PM
    Thanks for the update. I too have a sprint HTC 10. I was about to do a factory reset. This is my second HTC 10. I'm not sure if the first one had this issue. The only think I can think of is that I might of skipped the Google setup part when I activated the phone. In the meantime time I'm going download a backup app. I wonder if this issue is only with Sprint.
    FWIW: Verizon 10: Backup is set up to use my Gmail and everything seems fine.
    OptimusTarzan likes this.
    10-22-2016 08:39 PM
    I'm also on the sprint version of the HTC 10 and i'm having the same issue. i've called HTC and they are going to push the issue with their development team for a fix. So standing by for a fix here soon. The rep I was talking to from HTC is Carlos. If you guys with Sprint HTC 10s call please ask to speak with him. He can give you more info on it. It will also push the dev team to expedite the process.
    mfreeland and OptimusTarzan like this.
    11-04-2016 02:53 PM
    FYI, I rebooted my phone. A pop up asked me to select backup account. I checked the settings and my phone is now backed up with Google!
    11-22-2016 10:37 PM