Wi-Fi calling

McDoogie

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
It can, I have unlocked htc 10 and AT&T service. Unfortunately AT&T doesn't support Wi-Fi calling for the HTC 10. But you can use apps like hangouts or Skype

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Works great on my HTC 10 on Verizon. Use it a lot at home as my signal seems to hang around 2 bars and that seems to be the trigger point for wifi calling. very smooth

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Works great on my HTC 10 on Verizon. Use it a lot at home as my signal seems to hang around 2 bars and that seems to be the trigger point for wifi calling. very smooth
Agreed. Several time i have had some interference but overall works real well.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Does an icon pop up when it's in use? Also, is there a way to force the phone to use wifi. I'm frequently in an area with poor reception but excellent wifi - but I'm never sure if I'm actually using wifi calling? I have it enabled in my settings. (Verizon).

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Does an icon pop up when it's in use? Also, is there a way to force the phone to use wifi. I'm frequently in an area with poor reception but excellent wifi - but I'm never sure if I'm actually using wifi calling? I have it enabled in my settings. (Verizon).

Never used WiFi calling to be honest, but if you turn of your cell service and are only on WiFi, does it work?

fury2g

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Never used WiFi calling to be honest, but if you turn of your cell service and are only on WiFi, does it work?

Doubtful. This wifi calling via tmobile or verizon just routes you call through the available wifi network. To make a phone call over wifi, but without cell service, you'd need a google voice number.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If you have an active, valid Verizon sim in your phone and turn off your cell service it will go thru wifi. Without a sim, no.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The feature needs to be activated by the carrier as far as I understand it. Had it pushed to my S6 by Verizon long after I actually got my S6. Verizon wasn't onboard with this at first. Took them longer to come around to it than some of the other carriers. I think most if not all of the new Verizon phones have this enabled now.